Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 12-30-2017, 04:54 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 36.49 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to bloomohio
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomohio View Post
thanks again fellows,as I printed the download on !!"x !7"?
ok, GUYS WHAT SCALE DO I END UP WITH FOR 11"X 17" card stock paper?
Old 12-30-2017, 05:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomohio View Post
ok, GUYS WHAT SCALE DO I END UP WITH FOR 11"X 17" card stock paper?
I designed the layout of the pages of this kit to be compatible with A3 and 11X17 (double letter) cardstock without changing anything.

If you print at 100% (without adjust/fit to page), then you'll get the original 1:15 scale kit

Old 09-11-2018, 09:56 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
I have been fiddling with a camo repaint, urged in by Herky as well!

I wanted to do a couple of camo repaints - a Rhodesian Aircraft, and two variations on a South African dak.

I have started with the Rhodesian one and (after losing and finding the repaints I started, along with the reference material), I am now back on track.

I have been trying to decide as to whether I should paint the Rhodesian model in "clean" new colours or weathered.

The quandary here is that once the Rhodesian daks were painted, in a very very short time they deteriorated to a faded version - which to be honest is the aircraft everyone saw, knew and photographed. I am tending towards the latter as this is more representative. I do not want to get too fancy - just get a representative look.

Picture 1 below shows 36 after she was refuelled and ready to go - waiting for a mission. The colouring is spot on for the real thing - the faded sandy colouring actually worked well, though it was not intentional. Camo effect was stopped halfway down on this plane -there was quite a bit of variation in the patterns. Also, some variation from older paint showing through so it becoming a real hodge podge!

Picture 2 shows 3 daks on a drop. The middle one has the newest paint, the other two illustrate further degrees of fade and how rapidly the paint deteriorated. The centre one has camo fully down.

Picture 3 shows one in fairly good nick, but still faded. 59I I think. Markings have disappeared.

What I am looking at in terms of the colour is a compromise on the normal service look. I have some actual colour chips for the originals - not that these mean much as the paint types and quality varied so much - the shades were also handed mixed - and this reflected in wide variability in the chips themselves.

In terms of the repaint Picture 4 below shows the factory fresh colour (toned down a bit for scale effect). That was my first effort, but too harsh I feel.

Picture 5 shows the colours I will probably use. Not as faded as the real thing generally was, but an intermediate "fade" on the way from the freshly repainted plane. Don't worry about the poor rivet definition here - was playing with the masks to get the right colour feel.

I think there may be an abandoned one about 3-4 hours drive from me. If I can locate it I plane to go and visit, and take some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The Alan Rose DC-3-dak2.jpg   The Alan Rose DC-3-dak1.jpg   The Alan Rose DC-3-dak3.jpg   The Alan Rose DC-3-p2.jpg   The Alan Rose DC-3-p1.jpg  

Old 09-11-2018, 10:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
I have been fiddling with a camo repaint, urged in by Herky as well!

I wanted to do a couple of camo repaints - a Rhodesian Aircraft, and two variations on a South African dak.

I have started with the Rhodesian one and (after losing and finding the repaints I started, along with the reference material), I am now back on track.

I have been trying to decide as to whether I should paint the Rhodesian model in "clean" new colours or weathered.

The quandary here is that once the Rhodesian daks were painted, in a very very short time they deteriorated to a faded version - which to be honest is the aircraft everyone saw, knew and photographed. I am tending towards the latter as this is more representative. I do not want to get too fancy - just get a representative look.

Picture 1 below shows 36 after she was refuelled and ready to go - waiting for a mission. The colouring is spot on for the real thing - the faded sandy colouring actually worked well, though it was not intentional. Camo effect was stopped halfway down on this plane -there was quite a bit of variation in the patterns. Also, some variation from older paint showing through so it becoming a real hodge podge!

Picture 2 shows 3 daks on a drop. The middle one has the newest paint, the other two illustrate further degrees of fade and how rapidly the paint deteriorated. The centre one has camo fully down.

Picture 3 shows one in fairly good nick, but still faded. 59I I think. Markings have disappeared.

What I am looking at in terms of the colour is a compromise on the normal service look. I have some actual colour chips for the originals - not that these mean much as the paint types and quality varied so much - the shades were also handed mixed - and this reflected in wide variability in the chips themselves.

In terms of the repaint Picture 4 below shows the factory fresh colour (toned down a bit for scale effect). That was my first effort, but too harsh I feel.

Picture 5 shows the colours I will probably use. Not as faded as the real thing generally was, but an intermediate "fade" on the way from the freshly repainted plane. Don't worry about the poor rivet definition here - was playing with the masks to get the right colour feel.

I think there may be an abandoned one about 3-4 hours drive from me. If I can locate it I plane to go and visit, and take some more pics.
would love to build a military version of this model
Old 09-20-2018, 05:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 69.33 MB
Muchas gracias.

Ruben, muchísimas gracias for your effort. I´m currently building your Ford Tri-Motor version and I´m enjoying it a lot. I can´t wait to go for the DC-3: Your generosity it´s amazing, and again, thank you very much.
Google Adsense
Old 09-21-2018, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
would love to build a military version of this model
hey im just after any military version .am not that choosy ,if i was though
Attached Thumbnails
The Alan Rose DC-3-2095882.jpg  
Old 09-21-2018, 06:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
I have been fiddling with a camo repaint, ....
Kevin, you're doing a beautiful job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinanPacha View Post
Ruben, muchísimas gracias for your effort. I´m currently building your Ford Tri-Motor version and I´m enjoying it a lot. I can´t wait to go for the DC-3: Your generosity it´s amazing, and again, thank you very much.
Thanks for your words.
But all the credit goes to Alan Rose and Peter Zorn who gave their permission to make this planes available. I was just a messenger who received the help of other members of this community to make it come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
hey im just after any military version .am not that choosy ,if i was though
There is one. It's been there for about one year

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/v...ownloadid=2826

Old 09-21-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
Kevin, you're doing a beautiful job!

Thanks for your words.
But all the credit goes to Alan Rose and Peter Zorn who gave their permission to make this planes available. I was just a messenger who received the help of other members of this community to make it come true.

There is one. It's been there for about one year

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/v...ownloadid=2826

thanks dont know how i missed that
Old 09-21-2018, 02:34 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Well you should be happy now Herky.

I will slack off a bit now on the repaint, as I am working hard on restoring micromodels at the moment - ready for some builds.....
Old 09-21-2018, 05:06 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
When I was in the Air Force in the late fifties I was in A.A.C.S squadron at Mtn.
Home A.F.Base Idaho. They used C-47's with a unique paint job, lot's of Int'l Orange. They flew these down the center line of the runway to check the localizer and glide slope.
I think it was at the time the only plane that could carry all of the equipment for calibration
while crabbing no matter what the wind was doing at the time(almost). Can someone find this paint job and do a repaint? That's Air & Airways Communication Systems. We serviced Glide Slope, Localizer, VOR and later Tacan + A transmitter and receiver site and lugging a Collins ARC27 up to the tower for backup. The tower was 1 foot too short to need an elevator! Thanks, Hopefully, Bob
Google Adsense