PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 08-22-2014, 09:06 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Moroccan livery question

Hopefully I won't embarrass myself, but I decided to take part in Aaron Murphy's T-28 recolor challenge. I picked a '60's era Fennec in Royal Moroccan Air Force Livery from the Wings Palette site. The S-version of the T-28 had some slight external changes including a small scoop just in front of the canopy, and 4 underwing hardpoints which could handle a variety of armaments. Hopefully there'll be room on the parts pages for these additional parts.

I only have a starboard side view to work with, but I can see that there is no roundel on the underside of the starboard wing. Assuming it's correct, the illustration allows for several possibilities: (1). No wing roundels at all. (2). Roundels on upper surfaces only. (3). Roundel on starboard upper surface, and port lower surface.

My internet search for the proper layout of wing roundels is for '60's era Royal Moroccan Air Force livery was fruitless, and I'd rather not guess. Can anyone help?
Attached Thumbnails
Moroccan livery question-moroccan-trojan.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-22-2014, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
You'll find at the bottom of this page a few pics of a model of a Morrocan Fennec.

There's also this page showing an underwing roundel. Also, the ferry flight from Morroco to Honduras on the same site dedicated to the history of the french modified T-28 Fennec.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:22 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I think you've answered my question, Carlos, thank you very much for your time and trouble. Looks like I can't go wrong with a roundel on the starboard upper and port lower. The wing roundels are much smaller than I expected, though. Great reference material. Thank you again.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
You're welcome!