PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 06-21-2016, 06:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I do wish we wouldn't twist history. They were even talking about renaming a Confederate cemetery to Civil War Cemetery of the South. Slavery was a major issue in the War of Secession, but during the war, only a whacko would have referred to the war as a war for or against slavery. At least in the first couple years. It involved many issues. I think it is very disrespectful to take down the Confederate flags at Confederate cemeteries. You can't be buried under the flag you died under. Sad

But what can you do?

I hope cool heads prevail and allow the model. It's a tribute to a car and TV show, not a symbol of disrespect.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
Well there isn't a problem here. rickstef said " if they don't like it, then they don't have to download it". He also like to see it built. Which is why I finished it, and sent it to ninjatoe.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
That looks amazing! I only got back to the Navy version I'm making last night.
Once this gets approved, I'll have to start working on it in secret. After all, I made a Spiro papercraft for her over 2 months without her finding out (-=
Old 06-22-2016, 06:22 AM

Thank you! Wouldn't mind seeing pics of the VFA, and ( after it is in the downlaods)the General Lee when you finish building them.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:31 AM

Here are a few progress views.

Starboard View.

Closeup of tail.

Front view.

As you can see, I still have quite a ways to go to finish this one.
Google Adsense
Old 06-23-2016, 10:20 AM

Looks Great! Do you use photo paper, or does your printer print colors like that? I have a HP Deskjet 1000 J110 series that I bought when I first started doing paper models back in 2011. I just found out that it doesn't do borderless printing, which means all models I print are smaller than original size. :( There is a 1 inch space on both sides. Below is a picture of all 19 pages of my 1/24 scale viper. See the sides of the pages? My camera is an old cell phone. Ah well aleast they keep me building, and posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Recolor Ninjatoe's Mk-II Viper-01.jpg   Recolor Ninjatoe's Mk-II Viper-02.jpg  
Old 06-23-2016, 10:51 AM

I use 110 lb cardstock but I have a really nice colour laserjet at work that I use.
Solid Black sometimes will flake off, so I started using a Sharpie Marker to colour back in the black.
What I did do, was I cut off the gluetabs between the flush parts and printed another copy on plain paper which I glue behind the seams so I can get flush seams. If you notice on the top engine, the lettering doesn't quite line up because I didn't check/trim the pieces before gluing together.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
That's looking great! I was afraid of the skull being too small so I enlarged it a bit on the final version. Looks appropriate to me.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:15 AM

I bought 110lb back in 2011(200 sheets), so all my models are printed on it. A little hard to fold on little parts, but I do my best. I was out of ink when I did my first recolor. My son took the file to school, and printed on the library computer. As you can see it flaked big time, plus thier printer doesn't do colors. I printed it out when I got ink, and built it.This was the low-res version before Revell Fan showed me how to do Hi-res versions. The next picture is of the low-res on top, and the Hi-res on bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
Recolor Ninjatoe's Mk-II Viper-49.jpg   Recolor Ninjatoe's Mk-II Viper-05.jpg  
Old 06-23-2016, 12:50 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
blake7 will your NASA model up for D/L? Anything NASA is great and something I would enjoy having if possible. Beautiful build and great idea. Thank you for sharing. wc

Last edited by Wad Cutter; 06-23-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Google Adsense