PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 09-13-2017, 10:37 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
good catch, i got caught up approving them, forgot to check, plus it is a Fiddlers Green model, and i would like to know if approval to share the repaint has been given
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-13-2017, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Yep, that too.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Piper L4J PN uploaded

I don't know why Papermodelers keeps dropping stuff I uploaded, sometimes happens for files over 1MB. Anyway I uploaded the PN L4J again, and Rick I just PMed you a copy of Scott Fyn's email reply giving permission.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:00 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I have gotten your PM, and i have approved the file
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-13-2017, 08:16 PM

Thanks for the quick action, Rick.

It's just odd that the L4J isn't showing up on my user vBDownloads list, only as random entries into the 'more from this user' side panel.

Last edited by lfuente; 09-13-2017 at 08:17 PM. Reason: correction
Google Adsense
Old 11-10-2017, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post

I've branched out into civilian helicopters, so if you like those check back often. I work from pictures so all of my recolors are real aircraft, but online civilian photos are uncommon even when searching for NPC-xxxx (until 1945) PI-Cxxxx (1945-1975) or RP-Cxxxx (after 1975). Maybe you guys can turn up something, I've done the usual internet photo archives and found little - if you want to help, here are the ones I've found photos for: RP-C2294, RP-C887, RP-C2042, RP-C2043, RP-C1350, RP-C1942, RP-C1258, RP-C1888, RP-C33, RP-C221 and RP-C4190.

You can guess which ones I'm recoloring by googling those serials in a registry database, but no guarantees on complicated liveries. Bonus points if you can find a photo of an Philippine MD500D (T-tail and round, not pointy nose) or Hughes 369/model 500 (V-tail).
Fnally managed to find pictures for a Philippine registered Hughes369HS/model 500C from the Internet Movie Car Database, of all places. This was for Geheimcode: Wildgänse filmed in the Philippines, released in 1984. As I already had a clean graphic file I knocked it out in an afternoon - very simple modifications to turn a round nose, T-tail 5-rotor blade Defender into a V-tail 4-rotor blade Cayuse.

Available pending moderator approval as usual. Enjoy!
Old 11-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Approved and ready for download.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:43 AM

Seem to be on a roll finding Philippine Cayuse pictures! Had to work a bit for these, which were YouTube screen captures of a 1980 Philippine movie 'Ang Aguila at ang Falcon' (The eagle and the falcon), featuring the local James Bond action hero rip-off (Agent X44).

Added to the existing Hughes 369HS folder at Downloads, enjoy!

Last edited by lfuente; 11-26-2017 at 03:57 AM. Reason: correction
Old 01-06-2018, 03:31 AM

Happy New Year everyone!

New year, new subjects (British buses in Manila). same theme - just uploaded 4 recolors for 1:72 Philippine vehicles.

1) Leyland Atlantean AN68/2L double decker transit bus in MMTC livery, 3 different numbers and destinations. Used to ride these back in college when they were introduced in the 1980s. Only used on a few routes due to required height clearances. Flipped right to left to get doors on the correct side.

2) Daimler CVG5/A open top tour bus in Matorco livery - retired Hong Kong bus type not 100% confirmed , but my best guess (others too) from pictures. Used for tours around Rizal Monument, Luneta Park, Dewey/Roxas Boulevard in Manila Bay area. Many modifications to the upper deck, rear flipped right to left for correct door and added seats.

3) Leyland-Albion Viking EVK41L single deck bus in Pantranco intercity/provincial route livery. Not 100% sure about type, but it fits the time frame when Pantranco refleeted with somewhat unpopular Leyland buses. Flipped right to left to get doors on correct sides, needed many modifications to windows and added rear roof cargo rack.

4) Ford F150 Flareside 5th generation pickup truck, thought I could make the free Grand Theft Auto Bobcat generic pickup more realistic. This was also a real type of 60s-70s pickup assembled by Ford Philippines, with a choice of license plates for various years.

As usual, these will be available pending moderator approval. May do a few more vehicle recolors before going back to aircraft.

Last edited by lfuente; 01-06-2018 at 03:33 AM. Reason: added text
Old 01-06-2018, 07:33 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Approved and available for download. In the Downloads section of course!
Google Adsense