PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 07-26-2018, 10:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Nice, Papermate! I guess you of all people would recognize the paperbuses I've been recoloring, that's one of the tow trucks from Paper Bus Connection, right? The other was the NWFB version, but there are at least 3 more I've found plus 2 open top tree trimmer vehicles and several trams. If you haven't found them I'll be happy to direct you to the Wayback Machine pages.

I read that CMB lost the franchise for their bus routes and left the transport business.

I now realize recoloring paper models is my version of relaxing with grownup coloring books, except they build up into 3D art and I can share them with people online. Also nice to know these are appreciated, there's more on the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermate View Post
Here are pics of the Guy Arab V bus used by the CMB (China Motor Bus) Co., the first motor bus company in HK in the past, up to 1998. The motor bus branch of the company is now defunct, and the company has been focusing on property development since.

The model, a service bus, was built several years ago, its wheels rotate. I might have shown it before but now updating it with newer pictures in different angles.

The other liveries that Ifuente have done look amazing and I would think of building them some day.

Papermate
Old 07-28-2018, 10:20 AM

Some more new recolors:

1) An added file in the Bristol L ECW folder featuring 2 liveries of British circus and funfair buses, inspired by diecast models

2) Leyland Titan PD3 double decker in 2 British bus liveries

3) Fiat 600D Multipla kitbashed from the Fiat 600D saloon, as assembled in the Philippines

As usual these will be available pending moderator approval.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:53 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
files are approved
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-30-2018, 08:06 AM

Here comes the Knight Bus!

In a fit of whimsy I started a triple decker bus recolor just to see if I could, and here's the result.

Strictly speaking it isn't accurate for the Harry Potter books (supposedly a front entrance type), or the Prisoner of Azkaban movie (built from AEC Regent III RT buses). The book illustrators aren't consistent either, sometimes it looks like an AEC Routemaster and other times a generic Daimler/Guy/Leyland exposed radiator half-cab bus. I'd say my Daimler CVG5/A version is an equally legitimate interpretation.

Anyway, Jim Kay did some Knight Bus illustrations that had left and right front quarter views so that's what inspired this recolor - book version with advertisements, movie version without. Scale is 1:76 this time as I could barely fit this monster into an A4 page!

Hopefully this'll be beneath the notice of the Harry Potter merchandising empire, since it's Fan Art.

As usual this will be available pending moderator approval.

Last edited by lfuente; 07-30-2018 at 08:10 AM. Reason: added text
Old 07-30-2018, 11:49 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

there is no file attached to your latest download
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 07-30-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
there is no file attached to your latest download
Sorry all, my low bandwidth connections let me down again. But that's a good thing as the file was missing 2 large tabs and updated credits to the paper model designers.

I'll also take this opportunity to suggest improvements to the model. It has large flat areas so I normally add internal formers/bracing to prevent oil-canning and add stiffness. Unfortunately it just barely fits in an A4 sheet so I didn't include them.

As a minimum I would put in a strip the same width as the base plate from the lower rear corner edge to the upper front corner edge like \, dividing the inside into 2 triangles. A better solution would be to add another strip that crosses the first like a letter X, going from the upper rear corner edge to the lower front corner edge, making sure to clear the rear of the half cab. For belt and braces type like me, the best is what looks like a combination of A and V, like chain link fencing. That'll be strong enough to be held by the sides without crushing.

Since this all adds weight the simple disk wheels have to be strengthened. The minimodels.cz folks simply wind a tire strip around an axle enough times until they get the right diameter and glue that to the disk. Since we only need half wheels just cut them in half, then glue those to the base plate and wheel so the wheel disks don't need to be cut out.

Last edited by lfuente; 07-30-2018 at 07:58 PM. Reason: added text
Old 07-30-2018, 08:17 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

file has been approved
Old 08-01-2018, 09:58 AM

Just a quick mention of my new download in Bruno's '1 model per non-working day' thread for his Piper Cherokee recolor challenge - you can get it from the thread attachments, or from our downloads after the moderators approve it.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:06 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

file has been approved
Old 08-04-2018, 01:21 AM

I've been distracted for the past few days as something was bothering me about the Knight Bus. I thought it'd be nice to have the characters accompany the bus in a diorama, and thought I'd seen 2D paper flats somewhere. I finally turned up some, but only Death Eaters at this webpage:
https://www.deviantart.com/paladin-e...aters-91302037

There's a link that should lead to a file with the main characters, but it's broken. Since I'm not a member can a Deviantart member reading this contact the author and ask him about it? He's commented that he'd like to see his files used, and this is as good a reason as any.

And take time to browse his site, there's plenty of useful figures in 1:72 scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
In a fit of whimsy I started a triple decker bus recolor just to see if I could, and here's the result.

Strictly speaking it isn't accurate for the Harry Potter books (supposedly a front entrance type), or the Prisoner of Azkaban movie (built from AEC Regent III RT buses). The book illustrators aren't consistent either, sometimes it looks like an AEC Routemaster and other times a generic Daimler/Guy/Leyland exposed radiator half-cab bus. I'd say my Daimler CVG5/A version is an equally legitimate interpretation.

Anyway, Jim Kay did some Knight Bus illustrations that had left and right front quarter views so that's what inspired this recolor - book version with advertisements, movie version without. Scale is 1:76 this time as I could barely fit this monster into an A4 page!

Hopefully this'll be beneath the notice of the Harry Potter merchandising empire, since it's Fan Art.

As usual this will be available pending moderator approval.
Google Adsense