PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 01-11-2018, 09:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Just uploaded 3 recolors for 1:72 Philippine vehicles from the mid-1960s, and a bonus truck.

1) Ford Taunus Transit FK1000 modified from Bastelbogen-Online's VW T2 closed van. Adjusted for the scale 100mm shorter wheelbase, but not the scale 10/20mm height/width difference. Rather happy with the result.

2) Ford Transit Mk1 short wheelbase closed van, from an unholy union of the Minimodel.cz Ford Econoline Mk2 LWB body and Trabant 601 front end. Not perfect but looks OK to me.

3) AMC Rambler 1965/1966 Ambassador 880/990 from Hiperfanauto's Brazilian Chrysler Esplanade. Extended wheelbase scale 256mm ahead of windshield and changed trim and taillights.

Bonus: DAF 2800 Eddie Stobart Limited tractor unit, one of my earliest recolors. Browsing though the hundreds of semi trucks and trailers on Rob Schatborn's Norbtach.nl website I noticed he had 2 Eddie Stobart trailers but no matching tractor. This is a recolor of his DAF 2800 VDD tractor in the simple style of the Norbtach papercraft trucks.

As usual, these will be available pending moderator approval.

Last edited by lfuente; 01-11-2018 at 10:00 PM. Reason: added text
Old 01-11-2018, 10:52 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Thanks for all this work!
Old 06-15-2018, 11:10 PM

Various new recolors

Been three weeks since I returned from the US, and I've hit the ground running. Unfortunately the laptop I was using had a hard drive crash so I lost a few projects, luckily I backed up some stuff using email.

Anyway, here's a list of the new files:

1) Four new liveries for the Bell 206B Jetranger, once again the Internet Movie Car Database is an unsung resource. RP-C956 was seen in 'Zuma', while RP-C1797 was seen in 'Dynamite Johnson'.

2) Two new civilian liveries for the Bo-105CB, pictures are very rare but there were a number of civilian registered examples.

3) A recolor of our own Henry Yuen's Aloha Airways Vickers V.700 Viscount into Philippine Air Lines V.784D Viscounts late livery in the 1960s.

4) Two British liveries for the Bedford S type ERGY tanker by Denis Obriot at http://amigamaquette.free.fr It was hard to find period color pictures for the 1950s Bedford S type, so the liveries are based on diecast models. Would love to see what the 1:100 experts at minimodels.cz can do with these!

As usual, these last three will be available pending moderator approval.

Last edited by lfuente; 06-15-2018 at 11:15 PM. Reason: added text
Old 06-15-2018, 11:17 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Files have been approved and are available in the Downloads section.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:15 AM

More new recolors!

Rather surprised by the response to the Bedford S type recolors, but couldn't leave well enough alone so I have new recolors to match the interest.

Here's a list of the new files:

1) Three British tanker liveries for the Bedford S type ERGY tanker by Denis Obriot at index replacing the old file. Liveries are based on diecast models, so there's the previous Shell and Regent tankers plus the new Courage Brewery tanker.

2) Three British box truck liveries for the Bedford S type ERGY tanker by Denis Obriot at index Liveries are based on diecast models, so there's the classic Heinz ketchup van, a Metropolitan Police control truck (light goes atop the cab) and that unique British invention, the pantechnicon removals van. Based on a real monochrome picture, so coloring was my best guess.

3) Two Philippine box truck liveries for my adaptation of the Bedford S type ERGY tanker by Denis Obriot at index and the Liaz 100.65 truck tractor from FDS system at minimodel.cz into a Bedford TK. The fish sauce truck is based on a real monochrome picture, so again coloring was my best guess. The Pepsi truck is based on text descriptions plus similar foreign examples. Both have period correct license plates for a choice of late 1960s or early 1970s.

4) Light and dark brown versions of Masanori Shimozato's 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ into Sheriff Jack Carter's very unlucky patrol vehicle from the SyFy TV show Eureka.

5) Recolors of my previous Alouette III and Hughes 500C helicopter recolors into PANAMIN livery. Interesting story there, to be continued in a new post!

As usual, these last three will be available pending moderator approval.
Google Adsense
Old 06-26-2018, 09:35 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
all files have been approved for download
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-26-2018, 09:53 AM

PANAMIN helicopter recolors

I've gotten a lot of mileage from the Alouette III recolor despite it being the only Philippine example, as it was the ride of a notorious millionaire playboy.

Appointed by Ferdinand Marcos as the Presidential Assistant on National Minorities (PANAMIN), the guy conveniently turns up a stone age tribe in the trackless jungles of Mindanao around 1971 then proceeds to rock the world of anthropology. He stage manages the entire thing with full control over publicity, but suddenly decides to cut off all access to the 'primitives', but not before enough footage is shot for a later PBS special. There's a number of shots with his personal Alouette flying around.

Around 1982 he crosses Imelda Marcos and flees the country with a harem of tribeswomen, with German journalists breaking the story that everything was a hoax. It was later confirmed that 'stone age cave dwellers' was a wild exaggeration.

But before this farcical end, the PANAMIN Foundation acquired a Hughes 500C, but with only partial photos coloring and registry codes are educated guesses.

So go build the choppers, then feel free to discover your own lost tribe on paper (pun intended)! Google 'Tasaday' for the PBS video.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:13 PM

1 new recolor

I honestly tried to find the original source of this VW Beetle for proper attribution, but even the previous recolorers admit ignorance (help anyone?).

For the record it has appeared in cyan, Emma Swan yellow, Inspector Gadget red white and blue, Brazilian Police black and white, Kansas University Ecohawk red yellow and blue, green and black, and the ever popular #53 racer Herbie in white. I just picked the cleanest, highest resolution image and went from there.

Maybe it's the cop car hangover from the Eureka Jeep, but here are 4 liveries for Philippine Police VW Beetles for these cities: Marikina and Las Pinas in white, Pasay City in red then Quezon City in black, only the last has no roof light. I've supplied period correct 1965-1967 'towel rail' bumpers and government license plates. The red version has real plates while the others have plausible ones, as determined from period photos.

As usual, these will be available pending moderator approval.

Last edited by lfuente; 06-29-2018 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added text
Old 06-29-2018, 07:24 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
file has been approved
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-30-2018, 06:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
I've gotten a lot of mileage from the Alouette III recolor despite it being the only Philippine example, as it was the ride of a notorious millionaire playboy.

Appointed by Ferdinand Marcos as the Presidential Assistant on National Minorities (PANAMIN), the guy conveniently turns up a stone age tribe in the trackless jungles of Mindanao around 1971 then proceeds to rock the world of anthropology. He stage manages the entire thing with full control over publicity, but suddenly decides to cut off all access to the 'primitives', but not before enough footage is shot for a later PBS special. There's a number of shots with his personal Alouette flying around.

Around 1982 he crosses Imelda Marcos and flees the country with a harem of tribeswomen, with German journalists breaking the story that everything was a hoax. It was later confirmed that 'stone age cave dwellers' was a wild exaggeration.

But before this farcical end, the PANAMIN Foundation acquired a Hughes 500C, but with only partial photos coloring and registry codes are educated guesses.

So go build the choppers, then feel free to discover your own lost tribe on paper (pun intended)! Google 'Tasaday' for the PBS video.
Now THAT would make a great reality TV show! Way better than Honey Boo Boo!

For those of you lucky enough to not be able to get US TV:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Comes_Honey_Boo_Boo
Live, Laff, Love...
Google Adsense