PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 05-03-2020, 08:55 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
file has been approved
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 05-08-2020, 10:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
First of all, thanks Rick!

Okay today's upload is the main event, the 6 version SWB Ford Transit Mk1 kitbash from the Scooby Doo Bedford CF by Dragos with his permission. This was challenging but fun, hopefully people will like it - as usual searching for reference photos took more time than the graphics work.

The first 4 are based on photos of actual vehicles: a Philippine ambulance and cargo van (real thing was an LWB), and a British cargo and armored van. The last 2 are based on Corgi and Oxford diecast models. This is in my original Ford Transit Mk1 folder along with my original effort which now looks rather sad. I've kept it so people can see how my skills improved.

I've tried something done with the Daihatsu papercraft, optional open doors with graphics of the vehicle interior. From what I've seen Philippine Transits had hinged doors and armored vans wouldn't have doors ajar, but the other 3 have sliding doors that can be variously positioned for added interest.

The 6 versions were chosen to have a good mix of authentic liveries - I didn't intend to do different model years, but the Southdown version complements my previous Leyland Titan PD3 bus upload and needed a post-1970 grille so it got one. I'm thinking of doing some British jam sandwiches including Transits, let me know if there's any interest.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:22 AM

Forgot to mention, this Transit was another Frankenmodel that's a bit more realistic - the basis papercrafts were the Bedford CF by Dragos, and a Japanese super-deformed Mazda Carol for the heavily modified front cowl.

Also a suggestion for assembling the front cowl, roll up something like a small wheel up to headlight diameter, then glue behind the headlight. Now the front fenders can be glued around that instead of awkward tiny tabs around the headlights.

Last edited by lfuente; 05-08-2020 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:46 AM

I'm really happy with the way the Bedford CF1 and Ford Transit Mk1 models turned out, so in case people build them as presents I updated the 2Poms Boxes Series 1 file. The update also includes the Toyota Hilux and Mitsubishi Strada boxes.

The 2Poms Boxes Series 2 file also got updated with the KdF Wagen Type 82E and M3A1 White Scout Car boxes.

The old files have been replaced, so you'll need to download the files again to get these updates.
Old 12-31-2020, 02:45 AM

Just in time for new year's day, these uploads are PDF recolors of some 1:40 scale Pepakura battlemechs previously uploaded by Blaar. They don't come with build instructions, so downloading Pepakura and the original PDO file to visualize how they go together may be needed. For people familiar with the BattleTech game universe these are my personal interpretations, subject to the limitations of the PDO files, of the Atlas, Battlemaster, Rifleman and Warhammer of the Inner Sphere house leaders around 3025.

As usual, these will be available in a new folder after moderator approval.
Google Adsense
Old 12-31-2020, 09:51 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
file has been approved
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 01-18-2021, 12:04 AM

BT recolor edits

Thanks Rick!

Did some clean up of the last batch of uploads. According to Macross and Dougram original sources the designed dimensions of 3 mechs puts them at 1:45 so I changed the resizing data. For scaling the FASA-original mechs I used Blaar's reference table with heights from the Mech Commander 2 game, but the Atlas is still an outlier.

I have more recolors to upload, pending permission from Tirick and Blaar. Some of these have noticeably lower graphic skin resolutions, so I downgraded the original 4 for visual compatibility. This also resulted in fewer pages and smaller sizes of the replacement files. No need to download the replacement files if higher resolution is preferred.

Also added is 'duel pack' identification for some mechs, where the storyline has them present in the same skirmish but not necessarily facing off.

This first batch covers the faction leaders, next will be the generals then the regular soldiers.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 356.31 MB
Hi, wishing you to recolor the P51-D Mustang to "Shark of Zambales. That would be great!
Old 02-27-2021, 08:58 PM

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Although I am interested in Philippine subjects, the P51 isn't on my list of priorities because it's just too common. If I remember right, Nobi or Cafe may have done it already. And I still have to edit the Marine and Red Cross LARC-V beta-test someone's already started, and my recolor of the Greyhound.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:50 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Here is a kit of the "Shark of Zambales"

1/33 Mustang P-51D Shark of Zambales Phillippines Paper Model – Ecardmodels.com

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense