PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-07-2017, 08:15 AM
John Bowden's Avatar
John Bowden John Bowden is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Madison, MS USA
Posts: 3,227
Total Downloaded: 202.67 MB
To all: as soon as I get them finished I'll post them up in the download section.

I'm still getting everything aligned, details, re-scaled and re-designed..........

I just finished re-scaling and coloring the wings and engines and pylons. Still need to test build everything, and then I have to re-scale the wing supports and modify them (if necessary) and work up a tail structure and stab supports. So it will be a little longer before they are available. Right now I'm using Bamboo Skewers for support........they work but not a proper support.

Herky: I use 110# Card Stock that I get from WalMart here in the States. It's made by George Pacific, called Premium Card Stock. (pic attached). It's used to make greeting cards and such, but I use it for all my builds.

Also there are several internal formers to stiffen the fuselage, and when I finish it I will suggest cutting the larger parts of the fuselage at the panel joints so it easier to make sure everything is glued together well. I'll leave the parts large for those who just don't want to have many joints, and also it easier to have the livery across as few parts as necessary.

N96HBK: Thanks but at this scale I can test build as long as I don't get bored looking at the same parts and colors until I get everything right..

Chris: Vector format? Haven't decided, so far it's been a lot of work getting this done, so vector files might be possible, but not at first.

But you know, there is nothing stopping anyone from creating their own files........then you will see the process I went/going through. Hope you understand, I want to do several recolors and want to do them myself.
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 A32X series-gp-card-stock.jpeg  
__________________
www.dgapapermodels.com

My Drawings
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-07-2017, 09:20 AM
croden's Avatar
croden croden is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,766
Total Downloaded: 622.21 MB
Sounds good John, your model your rights to say what's allowed
__________________
-Christopher R.
christopher.roden01@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-07-2017, 06:10 PM
herky's Avatar
herky herky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: new zealand
Posts: 5,455
Total Downloaded: 450.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
To all: as soon as I get them finished I'll post them up in the download section.

I'm still getting everything aligned, details, re-scaled and re-designed..........

I just finished re-scaling and coloring the wings and engines and pylons. Still need to test build everything, and then I have to re-scale the wing supports and modify them (if necessary) and work up a tail structure and stab supports. So it will be a little longer before they are available. Right now I'm using Bamboo Skewers for support........they work but not a proper support.

Herky: I use 110# Card Stock that I get from WalMart here in the States. It's made by George Pacific, called Premium Card Stock. (pic attached). It's used to make greeting cards and such, but I use it for all my builds.

Also there are several internal formers to stiffen the fuselage, and when I finish it I will suggest cutting the larger parts of the fuselage at the panel joints so it easier to make sure everything is glued together well. I'll leave the parts large for those who just don't want to have many joints, and also it easier to have the livery across as few parts as necessary.

N96HBK: Thanks but at this scale I can test build as long as I don't get bored looking at the same parts and colors until I get everything right..

Chris: Vector format? Haven't decided, so far it's been a lot of work getting this done, so vector files might be possible, but not at first.

But you know, there is nothing stopping anyone from creating their own files........then you will see the process I went/going through. Hope you understand, I want to do several recolors and want to do them myself.
just checking because of the size the model will be.
__________________
Carborundum Illegitimi Ne
Herky
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-07-2017, 09:20 PM
John Bowden's Avatar
John Bowden John Bowden is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Madison, MS USA
Posts: 3,227
Total Downloaded: 202.67 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
just checking because of the size the model will be.
The A321 will be/is 24.25 inches long.... 61.595 cm
__________________
www.dgapapermodels.com

My Drawings
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-07-2017, 09:40 PM
herky's Avatar
herky herky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: new zealand
Posts: 5,455
Total Downloaded: 450.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
The A321 will be/is 24.25 inches long.... 61.595 cm
will sit nicely with my skyline models.feel need for a bigger house
__________________
Carborundum Illegitimi Ne
Herky
Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
  #26  
Old 07-07-2017, 09:43 PM
John Bowden's Avatar
John Bowden John Bowden is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Madison, MS USA
Posts: 3,227
Total Downloaded: 202.67 MB
Yes.......... but remember I haven't worked up the landing gear for these yet..........so I guess I better scale up the stand to go with it...
__________________
www.dgapapermodels.com

My Drawings
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-07-2017, 09:54 PM
herky's Avatar
herky herky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: new zealand
Posts: 5,455
Total Downloaded: 450.14 MB
just checked out operators for 321 and seems im out of luck for air new zealand or singapore airlines.grrrr
in order to be technically correct can i amend my choice if offered to either alitalia,sas,or saudi
__________________
Carborundum Illegitimi Ne
Herky
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-07-2017, 11:04 PM
John Bowden's Avatar
John Bowden John Bowden is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Madison, MS USA
Posts: 3,227
Total Downloaded: 202.67 MB
No problem herky........ I am eventually going to upscale the A320 and A318.
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 A32X series-air_new_zealand_airbus_a320_nazarinia-3.jpg  
__________________
www.dgapapermodels.com

My Drawings
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-08-2017, 01:52 AM
herky's Avatar
herky herky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: new zealand
Posts: 5,455
Total Downloaded: 450.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
No problem herky........ I am eventually going to upscale the A320 and A318.
good luck with the black and white scheme.i hate that one. prefer the original
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 A32X series-air_new_zealand_airbus_a320_finney.jpg  
__________________
Carborundum Illegitimi Ne
Herky
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-09-2017, 07:57 PM
John Bowden's Avatar
John Bowden John Bowden is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Madison, MS USA
Posts: 3,227
Total Downloaded: 202.67 MB
Ta Da........ still got to finish up some stuff........but it's built........ and it's BIG!
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 A32X series-img_0389.jpg   1/72 A32X series-img_0393.jpg  
__________________
www.dgapapermodels.com

My Drawings
Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 8.33%
Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)
Copyright © 2007-17, Paper Modelers.com