PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 07-01-2018, 06:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
When flying into a hot area, we never "forgot" to remove our insignias, names, etc. It was on purpose.

Jus' sayin'
So didja ever wear a harness with a big "D" ring on the back so the jungle penetrater could pull out the pieces?

The crazy sh!t we did! .
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 07-01-2018, 06:43 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Never did that!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 07-01-2018, 06:50 AM

Thinking about it years later it always amazed me. Those missions on the other side of that big dotted line were actually some of the easiest and safest.
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 07-01-2018, 07:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
At the time,did you guys know there were Chinese,Russian another Com Bloc officers manning and training Vietnamese operators of AA rocket systems and radars?

One of my far relatives was there in early 70s training and setting up motor pools and mechanical shops for them and he mentioned meeting some of Czech officers .He was in Polish Army.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
Done one of them,All good except for rear part of cabin and last section of the fuselage.Cabin I can live with,fuselage had to be cut back about 1/8-3/16 of an inch to match diameter but that's likely due to my clumsiness.Interesting colors and model upsized to full page format.I hate wasting paper.I'm that cheap...

That model reminded me that Bruno did nice 1/300 U-2 spy plane.I gota make one just for fun.
Thanks a lot! So no issue with the wings or engines? That's great! Looks like there's a little camo alignment issue behind the wings that needs to be adressed.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
At the time,did you guys know there were Chinese,Russian another Com Bloc officers manning and training Vietnamese operators of AA rocket systems and radars?

One of my far relatives was there in early 70s training and setting up motor pools and mechanical shops for them and he mentioned meeting some of Czech officers .He was in Polish Army.
Yep. Our Intel knew all about that. Just like USSR pilots in Korean war. The Vietnam mess was just like the Spanish civil war in a lot of ways. A testing ground for weapons.

I have heard it said that if it weren't for helicopters the Vietnam thing would have never even started. The "Tonkin Gulf Incident" was a complete sham.
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 07-01-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe View Post
Thanks a lot! So no issue with the wings or engines? That's great! Looks like there's a little camo alignment issue behind the wings that needs to be adressed.
Wing-engine joints were just fine and alignment issue behind wing is a result of me cutting rear section shorter to match diameter with center section of fuselage.That issue was likely caused by my clumsy hands and not your work.

Very good recolor.I really like it.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:11 PM

Sometimes, width issues that aren't a problem in 1:300 become more problematic when the model is upscaled. I'll need to test the assembly of these two sections.

You'll probably have the same issue with the other canberra as geometrically those parts are unchanged from Bruno's original.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:48 AM

I've assembled the central and rear fuselage sections and, indeed the tail cone is a bit wider than the central cylinder and it would certainly would cause issues if the builder uses separate tabs (butt-joints?) or enlarges the model further. Using the original tabs, the fit is manageable.

There's also a small misalinment in the camo that I'm correcting on the final version. The demarcation line should be lowered a bit on the tail cone.

I'm about to upload the final pdfs (edit: done!)
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for a test-builder for a RB-57D conversion of Bruno's B-57B-s-p-rb-57d-us-01.jpg  
Old 07-07-2018, 01:21 PM

At this scale there are very few things that can't be fixed. I'm looking at your Ozzy Canberra s now
Google Adsense