PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Retunga's Projects

Old 07-27-2014, 11:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
The idea would be to base it on the Ducati engine and possible even include the gearbox, but I still need to do a lot homework with regards to the Ducati engine, I might not do the gearbox only the engine and head...
Old 08-11-2014, 02:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 77.79 MB
Dear mate, I'm a freshman on the site and, soon on my first search about detailed engines I could see here in this forum, that since 2012, that you have willing set out to build a complete Ferrari engine with moving parts.
I was curious and of immediate I imagined that after already spent two years since your first post, I would go find today the good news, of that, probably, the engine would be already ready.
Unfortunately I noticed that you are finding some difficulties, but this is normal when someone proposes to do something great and unprecedented.
I would tell you for not to give up and also that you can count on me if I can help it, somehow.
Do not be discouraged, go ahead because victory is certain. You've reached more than 70% of your journey and you certainly will find the necessary solutions.
I suggest you don't stop yourself because of the issue involving the material, if you can't use paper, in 100% of the engine parts. Everyone is watching her struggle and know of the difficulties that you are finding, in reason of the fragility of the paper, for use in certain parts.
I'm sure you'll get, as it, front of a challenging proposition like this, you already can and should be considered by all of us, an out-of-series.
Congratulations !!

Silvestre
Old 08-11-2014, 03:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 77.79 MB
Ferrari 430 motor eo motor V12 Enzo

Dear mate, I'm a freshman on the site and, soon on my first search about detailed engines I could see here in this forum, that since 2012, that you have willing set out to build a complete Ferrari engine with moving parts.
I was curious and of immediate I imagined that after already spent two years since your first post, I would go find today the good news, of that, probably, the engine would be already ready.
Unfortunately I noticed that you are finding some difficulties, but this is normal when someone proposes to do something great and unprecedented.
I would tell you for not to give up and also that you can count on me if I can help it, somehow.
Do not be discouraged, go ahead because victory is certain. You've reached more than 70% of your journey and you certainly will find the necessary solutions.
I suggest you don't stop yourself because of the issue involving the material, if you can't use paper, in 100% of the engine parts. Everyone is watching her struggle and know of the difficulties that you are finding, in reason of the fragility of the paper, for use in certain parts.
I'm sure you'll get, as it, front of a challenging proposition like this, you already can and should be considered by all of us, an out-of-series.
Congratulations !!

Silvestre
Old 08-12-2014, 12:36 AM

Hi Silvetre

Thanks for the cool words, I am in fact still continuing the build of the model, at the moment I am wiring the model up as it should be done for the LED spark plugs, even though they will never work but with me doing a timing cover in such away that one will see the gears and switches for the cams and LEDs it would be in the best interest to finish that part off 100%, I am not going to do the wiring to the controlling box as it is a waste of time, but the rest of the wiring and the model will still be completed.

For the amount of time that I have spent it isnot me to left it fall into the archives of unfinished models and projects.

Even though the first post of the engine has been in May 2012, The amount of R&D work and design and also legal things that go with this build and so on has in fact started back in September 2010 !! The greater amount of the work was done in 2011 and 2012, I am still designing and adding to the orginal model as I go on with the build.

What I am going to do is post photos of the model after I have finished the wiring as major update of the project that this point in time.

The work that is left to be completed is the exhausts, inlet system, air box and fuel system, that will amount to at least 20% to complete.

Retunga
Old 08-13-2014, 01:04 AM

Well after all of the work that has gone into the cylinder heads and assembly to the engine, not forgetting the wiring up of the engine for the LED spark plugs, it is now time for a project update photos as the model stands right now.

now the next part of the build is going to be the timing cover for the engine with it's cutouts to show the gearing.

Retunga
Google Adsense
Old 10-02-2014, 01:46 AM

Update time, the model is now 90% COMPLETE !!!

I have now added the timeing cover, the exhausts, inlet ports, and the fuel injection rail.
This would now complete the Block and Head assemblies. I have just the Bell housing and Airbox to complete and the model will complete.

Here is a few photos.

Enjoy

R
Old 10-02-2014, 03:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.71 MB
Great job!

Will we be able to see a short movie how it works?
Old 10-02-2014, 03:52 AM

For this version of the model it is not going to be able to run, there has been a few things that are a bit under designed with regard to the torque needed to get it to work smoothly, but I have done the designs for the parts that need to be made stronger, so if or when I re-build the model it will work as it was designed to.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.76 MB
still looks good my friend, I for one have it on my to build list, but for me I would love to have it running. If all the parts to run have been designed, you could offer that as a separate download or something. I can understand not wanting to rebuild it, but if someone is starting to build it from the beginning, might as well do it with the working parts. Just my 2 cents.

Rusty
Old 10-05-2014, 12:27 PM

Hey Rusty

What I have done is to work on a upgrade parts design that will help the model run without destroying itself, it will not be built into this version but the next build of the model it will be done.
The upgrade parts are mainly on the crank, the block around the big ends, the timing and gearing parts of the engine, the cylinder head and the flywheel part of the engine, many of the parts are replacements but it will make it massively stronger so that the engine can turn.

:-)
Google Adsense

Tags
engine, ferrari, v12