PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Retunga's Projects

Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Just a quick update, the number of fixed pages before doing multiple is 46 pages and that now includes the bell housing.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 117.66 MB
This is a huge project, looking forward to seeing it complete.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:03 AM

Time for an update on the V12 design, there has been some delays due to PC HDD crash and so on but here goes:

- Bell housing is done with a hand crank for setting the timing
- The flywheel ring gear is now complete as well as the motor that will power the rotation of the engine.
- I have now completed the the electronic controller for the motor so that it can power the motor with the following features:
- The use of AC and DC can now be used to power it with any DC type of connection, meaning that if you power it up and the + and - are not in the correct order it will not matter, and it AC power can also be used, in both cases the input supply voltage does need to be 17VDC or 17VAC
- The is an over load protection circuit in place so that if the motor starts drawing high current it will stop it from blowing up and setting the model alight, legal thing. The current limit is set to 1 Amp
- The circuit is adjustable to work up to 12V dc should the motor that I designed the model around is not obtainable in ones area and 12 motors of a different size available it can be used.
- there is LED's setup as to simulate the spark plugs firing.
- At the moment I am busy working the all of the micro switch's into the engine.

I will post a screen shot or three when all the timing work is complete.

R
Old 10-19-2012, 03:44 AM

Here is the schematic for the engine timing with all of the bells and whistles

Enjoy

R
Old 11-02-2012, 02:57 AM

Next update, now that the circuit diagram and circuitery is now designed, the timing for the spark plug lights can now be completed

I have not shown the wires but the is an opening for the wires to move back the circuit board.

R
Google Adsense
Old 11-02-2012, 03:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 17.76 MB
I have the paper model from Yees Jobs at V12 Engine Paper Model. I haven't started it yet but I would love to build it as well as your model. They both look formidable. With yours all I have to do is figure out how to make the circuit board. I can solder components but have never actually made a board before. Keep up the good work I'm looking forward to it's completion so I can prove my wife right ......I'M A GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT.

Rusty
Old 11-02-2012, 06:29 AM

With the circuit board I am going to have it done with the veroboard which is normally solid over the world as a devlopment type board, I still have to do that part of the design in that of showning how the tracks, cuts and components are placed, but for now that will be drawn up when the model is in the building stage. The thing with Yees model is that he uses a gearedmotor to reduce the speed so that part will move and the problem is that the gearedmotor is not for sale in all parts of the world and I did find a shop online that has the unit but when it came to ordering one and getting costs the webpage used never replied. So I have designed the this model in a way that if the gearedmotor is not for sale in ones part of the world and you can find a replacement, you can do so and that is why I have set the circuit up so that one can adjust the supply voltage to the motor to suit it's requirements, the circuit will handle voltages from 1.5V to 12.3V DC.
The one other thing also is that with the micro switchs if one also can not get the ones that I have used in the design you can make a plan in that of epoxy gluing them in place as well.
At the moment I just want to start building the model but as the designer voice and experience in the work place has shown me designing it in 3D CAD and from there flat packing it afterwards is the correct way so as to not rebuild and fix major problems later.

R

R
Old 11-22-2012, 12:40 AM

Well it is time for an update on the design of the engine, at the moment I am busy with the cyclinder head of the engine, this is where I am at the present moment in time.

The springs are going to be made from steel wire, this is most likely one a of the few times that paper will not be used to make the engine work in it's correct maner, I have thought about using the Ducati valve setup, but that will not work with the idea of it been a Ferrari engine but if I do, do a new design of an engine that is not brand related then I will use that valve timing and mechanics of the engine.

R
Old 11-30-2012, 03:15 AM

Here is the next set of updates to the design of the engine, the cyclinder head is now complete.

The next part is now getting the timing of the valves correct and flat packing the parts needed to build the heads

R
Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 AM

I have the following part still to complete for the engine design:

1:- Inlet manifolds
2:- the Exhaust no longer than 30mm
3:- Timing cover
4:- Inlet air box Assembly and conection to to the inlet manifold
5:- Water pipe flanges
6:- Fuel injection system
7:- misc. things that will only seen when the above list is done.

At the moment I am hoping to get the building part of this project going by February March next year.

I want to do the manifold and exhausts first then I will flat pack the whole head.
Google Adsense

Tags
engine, ferrari, v12