PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Retunga's Projects

Old 01-29-2013, 11:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.76 MB
I like big, with my fingers it makes it easier for big . I would love to get a board layout for the electronics with a parts list so that I can get that part of the model done.

Rusty
Old 01-31-2013, 12:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I think hang 5 for now on the PC work, when the model designs are done the artworks will be in the happy pack, I want to test the PC electronics with the model in a more realistic world, I have a funny feeling that I may need to build a ramping circuit possibly into the model as the torque from motor may damage the gearing around the starter motor location of the model, I might change the gearing design around that point to take torque knock of the gearing, I have kept the gap bewteen the teeth meshing on a more open scale, as to give more lee-way when building the gears and getting them to work.

The parts that are needed are standard over the counter parts, the IC's are LM324 and LM723, the transistors are 2N3055, C9012, C9013, BD140, the diodes are 1N4007, 1N5401 and 6.2V zener diode, other than that standard 1/2 and 1/4 watt resesitors and capacitors, the trimpots are small adjustable type.

below is a sample page of the PC boards which one make oneself, I am also in two minds of possibly re-doing the PCB's that it is only PCB with all the parts in area.
Not sure I may also release it in such a way that one can make up there own mind if they want to do one PCB or the two PCB version....

:-)
R
Old 01-31-2013, 12:03 PM

Ok in other words, I need to have more patience and wait for everything to be completed.

Rusty
Old 02-01-2013, 12:49 AM

in a nut shell yes, I am also wanting to get the model finished and / or lot more complete than what it is at the moment, but time does not always work out the way one wants it to.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:37 AM

bit of an update, after test building the piston, conrod and cylinder bore I have fixed the disgn up with regards to the cylinder bore in that I idea of making up the bore was a bit too ticky and messy in terms of building 12 bores, so I have refined the process i bit in that concept is the same but just the spacing is more open and easier to assemble, I have also made the part alot easier to understand which way it must go together.
The piston I have had to change some of the diameters to get it to work out for the bore and be a lot easier to move inside the bore...

Slowly it is coming together.
R
Google Adsense
Old 02-27-2013, 02:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 52.28 MB
Oh how I would love to have this model! What an awesome project!!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:14 AM

The model is coming along well, only problem is time, at the moment I have built 11 cyclinder bores, once I have finished the last one I will get a real feel for the size of the model.

Most likely tonight.

R
Old 03-01-2013, 01:14 PM

Well Now one will have a better idea on the size of this model / engine, and it is not small, as one can see the bore's are now complete with one piston-conrod combo.

But as we all know time is the biggest problem.

More photos to follow...

R
Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 PM

Retunga looks good. I'm up to the challenge. The only problem I'll have is where to put it :D

Rusty
Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 AM

I thought I post this photo of the designed templetes of the V12 engine, I posted this photo in another thread, but it should also be shown here of the 110 set pages for the model.

R
Google Adsense

Tags
engine, ferrari, v12