PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Retunga's Projects

Old 12-03-2012, 01:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 17.76 MB
Looking good my friend. Looking forward to it's completion and building it myself.

Rusty
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.87 MB
Send a message via MSN to tomorrow
It looks formidable. But I have interesting .
Old 12-07-2012, 02:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
At last the design work for the engine is 95% complete, only the timing cover, inlet manifold and the fuel rail needs to be flat packed and then the build can start.

This model is not going to be a small build at all, as the above picture shows it is 737mm's long, by 383mm wide and 430mm high.
The engines cc capacity is 1811cc or 151cc per a cyclinder.
The bore and stroke is 62x50mm

At the moment the head requires about 102 A4 pages of paper, and the engine block with pistons is about 84 pages.
I am guessing that it it would need about 250 pages of paper in A4 or letter size, as I have set the design up for both printed options.

R
Old 12-07-2012, 12:28 PM

Oh I am soo ready for this ) I'm working on a 1/2 scale v-Twin engine right now that everything moves in it. It utilizes finger power to make it move .

Rusty
Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 PM

by any chance is that the yee model of the bike engine that you are busy with?
Google Adsense
Old 12-09-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retunga View Post
by any chance is that the yee model of the bike engine that you are busy with?
Yep that's the one I'm working on. I've found a few problems with the cylinder 's air cooling fins. His pictures show them nice and flat, well mine are not. I followed his directions for cutting the parts out "follow the lines" I believe that the warping I have with the fins is that they had to be slightly "stretched" to fit around the central cylinder. But over all it's coming out pretty well. I'm building this to "test" techniques that are needed for Yee's V-12 before I restart the build on it. I'm also going to build yours, it looks a lot more cool .

Rusty
Old 12-09-2012, 04:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewalston View Post
I have the paper model from Yees Jobs at V12 Engine Paper Model. I haven't started it yet but I would love to build it as well as your model. They both look formidable. With yours all I have to do is figure out how to make the circuit board. I can solder components but have never actually made a board before. Keep up the good work I'm looking forward to it's completion so I can prove my wife right ......I'M A GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT.

Rusty
$9,550 US Dollars? Holy crap!!!

"Oh wisdom thou are fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason" (Bill Shakespear)
Old 12-09-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Modeler View Post
Bionic Modeler, that is if you want to purchase the Master Build. Not to buy the kit. I've talked to Yee Job's personally and he gave me permission to sell the models that I make, not the kit, but the completed models. And there is NO WAY I would sell them for that, maybe for a couple hundred but now where near what he charges. I don't know how I would charge for them though as they do take time to build.

Rusty
Old 12-10-2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Modeler View Post
the build it yourself version is a lot cheaper, but I have not built it and when I looked at it and trying to get all the parts to it, it was not for sale where I live and whe I enquired in the USA for the parts I never got a reply, and also the model was setup in Letter paper size and convert that to A4 was to much of a issue and also the engine also did not look right and I have from there cancelled the idea and left it to rot away on a backup drive.

This version that I have designed from scratch will be released in A4 and Letter size paper, the only thing that has come out of Yee's model is the idea of doing a V12 cut away engine, the rest of the engine is 100% is my work and design, the mechcanics of the Yee's model has everything inclosed by the fan to just to move the pistons up and down.
This V12 engine is going to be powered up from the starter motor location and motion is done by gears and cams, I have also set the design up in a way that sould the electric motor that I am using for this model is not for sale where you are, you can use a smilier motor with a few mod's around the starter motor area of the engine and the electronics will also allow your use motors that can run on 12V as well.
Yee's model is not that flexible in that respect.
The cyclinder head on Yee's model looks completely wrong it is to short and the bell housing is also wrong.
Yee has done an excellent job of making his engine move in a very arty way but not true to form of a engine.

R
Old 12-13-2012, 12:40 PM

Talking

Well at last the model is now completely flat packed, and there is a lot of papers and parts:

The model is made of 107 unique papers
The model will need 316 pages of paper
The model will be made up of 6079 single parts that will make this engine a reality.

that excludes the electronics and wires which I still need to work out, the veraboard version, the Printed PCB version is in place.

I have not yet worked out the complete number of finished parts there are going to be, but would guess around the +/-250 pieces ????

I worked out the approx. mass of the model and it will be about 3kg's of paper and I am putting about 1kg aside for glue.
I weighted a piece of 160gr. A4 paper and after doing some sums each A4 page of 160gr. paper is approx. 9.8gr and I would guess the Letter would be about the same.

In thing that I still need to do on the artworks is to number the parts and come up with a nice way of doing it.

but for now I am doing about 1 year side to complete this build I would say that if I complete it any sooner than that would be a world of luck.

I would say that this is going to be a fun build and then a long visit to a mental hospital to bring me back to the real world

Here is a quick render of the model in what it most likely will look like, this only took me 5-10 minutes to do, of which the quality of the render is not good, but fiar.

R
Google Adsense

Tags
engine, ferrari, v12