PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > RonaldoM's Projects

Old 05-30-2011, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 111.08 MB
Le Plymouth "Duel"

I just started this project and i don't know if this will be work well yet, but i like to think it's possible! Then, here i go!

For now i'm adjusting the measures.
Attached Thumbnails
Le Plymouth "Duel"-prancha-1.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-30-2011, 09:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
It is crazy hard to find good references. Congrats on going for the 'set'. =)
Old 06-03-2011, 08:13 AM

The first test

I'm ending the frist building test of this Valiant.
The resulting i think will be nice! Just two internal brackets will be necessary.
Now, the aim are the edges, mostly next to the rear windshield on the top corners, they are rounded.
Attached Thumbnails
Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9214.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9215.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9220.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9221.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9218.jpg  

Le Plymouth "Duel"-71_valiant_478.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-duel3.jpg  
Old 06-03-2011, 08:49 PM

The basic forms are good, now i'll try to sharpen the details and get it close to the original
Attached Thumbnails
Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9227.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9223.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9226.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9224.jpg  
Old 06-11-2011, 08:00 AM

..I started the final (and ultimate) build test, last night.
Some internal parts i'm verifing if they will work well

The windshields are made by "sandwich method", i'm not so sure if it will work well into this scale (1:50).
Attached Thumbnails
Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9247.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9248.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9253.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9256.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9261.jpg  

Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9264.jpg   Le Plymouth "Duel"-dscn9270.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

Yabadabadoo....... this is very exciting to see, and soooo pleased you are completing the DUO for the DUEL and possibly a DIO-rama too
Old 06-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Banned

That looks really good. My sister had the same car and I logged many miles in it. She tried like heck to destroy it. Even poured Radiator fluid in the Oil fill. The slant six did not know how to die though. I think that's why they stopped making those motors. They lasted forever, you could change the starter motor on those slant six engines almost as fast as it took to start the car!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:36 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
That looks really good. My sister had the same car and I logged many miles in it. She tried like heck to destroy it. Even poured Radiator fluid in the Oil fill. The slant six did not know how to die though. I think that's why they stopped making those motors. They lasted forever, you could change the starter motor on those slant six engines almost as fast as it took to start the car!

This is answering why they (the engine) did not died when lost all the radiator water while climbed the route through the mountain in the film
Old 06-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldom View Post
This is answering why they (the engine) did not died when lost all the radiator water while climbed the route through the mountain in the film

I agree! Probably one of the most realistic parts of the movie. If it turned out they just punctured a radiator hose and actually ran it overheated in the movie, I would believe it. I guess that is the advatage of having a cast iron cylinder head mated to a cast iron engine block. Similar rates of expansion.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I wish I could have changed a starter motor as easy on my 2004 Ford Ranger even with the 2.3L-4 there is no room to work! And on top of that the starter cost as much($200) as it would have to replace the starter,alltinator,waterpump.and maybe spark plugs on that old slant six.This has been a fun Saturday............Rich
Google Adsense