PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Marketplace

Old 06-24-2014, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
revived this thread in the hope i can still find the model mentioned at the start.if anyone anywhere spots it on any of the ebay type sites let me know.im in new zealand .if anyone spots it email me a price and i will come to an arrangement with you to buy it.heres keeping everything crossed
thanx guys
Old 09-22-2014, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thumbs up The Oriana and Canberra

Ok here's this
Are any of you familiar with REVELL'S offerings ? Seems they had both of these sister liners in the sixties . Not paper but beautiful nonetheless . I have one now , not REVELL but large and beautiful , if a little thickly molded .I would like to see it in cardstock in say 1/200 .Could do a lot of detail that way .
These were indeed a pair of very attractive ships . Rode the Oriana as an invited crew-member of a ship that illegally paid off outside the States .Got to go super-cargo on her . Darned fine ship and crew !
Old 09-23-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papersurprise50 View Post
Ok here's this
Are any of you familiar with REVELL'S offerings ? Seems they had both of these sister liners in the sixties . Not paper but beautiful nonetheless . I have one now , not REVELL but large and beautiful , if a little thickly molded .I would like to see it in cardstock in say 1/200 .Could do a lot of detail that way .
These were indeed a pair of very attractive ships . Rode the Oriana as an invited crew-member of a ship that illegally paid off outside the States .Got to go super-cargo on her . Darned fine ship and crew !
i have seen the revell oriana model and the airfix canberra model both in plastic.i have found a nice card model offered as a freebie of oriana and there is one of our designers working on a canberra model in card at 1;200 scale
Old 09-23-2014, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papersurprise50 View Post
Ok here's this
if you look in the design threads forum there is a thread by sharunas detailing his design work on card model canberra