PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Marketplace

Old 09-02-2015, 11:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 287.89 MB
I hope they do and you can put this one to rest. I too suffered through the 'lost in post', so I know the feeling. I hope they just briefly got stuck in a sorting machine and we are all just over analyzing the situation...
Old 09-02-2015, 11:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
me too.im kinda hoping that member concerned reads this thread and lets me know whats happening
Old 09-16-2015, 12:38 AM

ok after numerous attempts to contact this member both on here and to his private email address i finally gave up and lodged a claim through paypal.they tried many times to contact him and also gave up yesterday.They did however refund the monies i had paid to him through paypal.received those in bank today so all credit to them for dealing with the problem.Aside from not getting the models i wanted at least im not out of pocket.Im very disapointed with the way this seller has acted or rather has not acted and would advise any future buyers to be wary of him
Old 09-16-2015, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Fun View Post
I've ordered from Poland, China and Russia/Ukraine with faster response. Do you think paypal could help? I know my payment went through.
if you still have not got the models you paid for contact paypal they sorted out my refund
Old 09-16-2015, 05:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 56.48 MB
PayPal takes fraud very seriously. A couple years ago someone got my credit card number and used it to make 2 $1100 transactions through PayPal, but not via my PayPal account, which wasn't compromised. I of course immediately contested the charges with my credit card company, then got ahold of PayPal tech support. They addressed it, including working with my credit card company to remove the charges, in less than an hour.
Google Adsense
Old 09-16-2015, 06:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 243.86 MB
theres a lot of sneaky people out there, and a person that buys something without seeing even a pic of that object is a fool
Old 09-16-2015, 11:13 PM

I think the better point is that there is sneaky people everywhere and we need to make sure that the community as a whole protects one another starting with those who have the power to do so. I am not going to say that this wouldn't have happened if there were measures in place, but I think if there was a nice disclaimer posted a the top of the For Sale By Owner section, perhaps those who don't intend on following through with what they promise would move on knowing it might be at the expense of their membership otherwise...
Old 09-16-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsimmer2012 View Post
theres a lot of sneaky people out there, and a person that buys something without seeing even a pic of that object is a fool
i actually take offence at being called a fool because i trusted a member of this forum to honour his agreementsits the first time in over ten years of buying over the internet i have been let down
Old 09-17-2015, 12:46 AM

And you should take offense. This has happened to the best of us, myself included. It is really no different than buying something on an auction site such as eBay. The difference there is of course is that there is buyer protection to mitigate the effect of issues such as this, while here there is not. Something has to change...
Old 09-17-2015, 01:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.18 GB
Flightsimmer, I too take exception to your remark. There are many posts on this forum that demonstrate the accepted manner with which to communicate with other members of this site. In the future, please be courteous and respectful to the other members.
Google Adsense