PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Marketplace

Old 03-24-2018, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Advance notice

Well, I've come to my decision, and it was one of the troubling kind....
'
The time has come to 'hang it up' on some of my hobby stashes, and sadly, paper model kits are on the list. It won't be until early May that I will actually start selling them off, but need to start thinking of the logistics of the thing. I am going to make them available to our Papermodeling group before posting on fleabay. I've been accumulating the kits for at least a couple of decades now, and they pretty well fill up a couple of bookcases, so if you've been looking for one of those 'holy grail' kits, I may have it squirreled away. At the moment, the stash is 800 miles away (at my 'summer home' in Idaho), so I won't be able to make a detailed inventory for another month or so, but if you have some of those 'holy grails' you've been questing for, let me know by PM so I can be keeping an eye out for it when I do get back to the stash. I also have a storage bin full of vacuformed (Gomix, etc.) canopies that I would consider parting with....PM me if you have some particular item you have been wanting so I can be looking out for it when I make the inventory.

Now for some input I'd like from you peeps. I have a fair sized stack of 'vintage' Maly Modelarz, JSC, and early GPM kits. The Maly kits in particlular are more of a collectors item than a buildable kit, considering the poor quality paper they were printed on. When I make them available, I've been considering bundling (say, lots of a half-dozen or so kits) them rather than listing individually. Would you be OK with that? Also, what would be the preferred way of packaging the A3 kits (think Wilhelmshafen), flat between sheets of cardboard or rolled into mailing tubes?

Aaaannnnddddd, assuming there might be some interest in the community, the other stashes on the chopping block are my vintage computers (mainly Commodore, starting with Commodore Pet and ending with Amiga 4000s, a Commodore Colt, along with a few Atari STs and some Apple Macs...maybe a couple of Trash-80s as well, along with miscellaneous monitors, Amiga boards, parts, and pieces, including a couple of Amiga 3-D goggles); my deceased wife's stashes of embroidery and knitting magazines and crafts kits; and many kilos worth of assorted glass seed beads. For completeness, I might mention my deceased wife's accumulation of treadle sewing machines and parts...due to weight and size, those would be local pick up basis only (Southeast Idaho area). If you have any interest for any of the above and aren't intimidated by shipping charges, PM me and we can negotiate.

Again, it won't be until May that I again can get 'hands on' this stuff, but if you let me know your interests, I will give you first crack at it before putting it on fleabay.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Wow! Thanks for the heads up. ATTN: Aaron Murphy. This is your big chance to finally up grade your computer equipment. Just think what you could do with a Trash 80!!!
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 03-24-2018, 03:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
will be interested in whm ship models if you have any and a3 models i think are better rolled in card tubes for shipping

Last edited by herky; 03-24-2018 at 03:06 PM. Reason: add ons
Old 03-24-2018, 03:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I'd love to know the stock of canopies.
Obviously I would be interested in P47, P51, T6, Spitfire

I'd like a nice Tomcat kit...

I'm not up on all the printed kits over the years to be too specific.
But I'll be watching when you reveal whats up for grabs.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
will be interested in whm ship models if you have any and a3 models i think are better rolled in card tubes for shipping
Herky, I know there are a couple of dozen WHM ships in the stash, including the USS Enterprise (that one won't go cheap, but I'll negotiate in mid double digits for purchase price). I can't guarantee that all have instructions, much less instructions in English, but usually there are enough detail assembly drawings on the parts pages for an experienced builder to muddle through. I'll PM you an advance copy of the list as soon as I have it available. There are a few CFM kits as well.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Herky, I know there are a couple of dozen WHM ships in the stash, including the USS Enterprise (that one won't go cheap, but I'll negotiate in mid double digits for purchase price). I can't guarantee that all have instructions, much less instructions in English, but usually there are enough detail assembly drawings on the parts pages for an experienced builder to muddle through. I'll PM you an advance copy of the list as soon as I have it available. There are a few CFM kits as well.
whm enterprise never knew they made 1.i will take it,any whm shios or cfm ships i will be interested in if i have not already got them
Old 03-25-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
whm .mowe verlag did forrestal and nimitz but cant find any record of them doing enterprise
Old 03-25-2018, 12:45 AM

Herky, age is getting to the memory. It is the Nimitz I was thinking of, not the E. Still, one whopping big SOB of a kit. Memory serves, one of its parts pages has a minor tear, which should be easily repairable....and who will notice one unintentional seam among many hundred deliberate ones?
Old 03-25-2018, 07:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 470.61 MB
PM sent. -J
Old 03-25-2018, 10:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 98.87 MB
I'm in. Would love to see what ya got
Google Adsense