PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Marketplace

Old 09-25-2010, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Thanks for the list, Moshe! I love listings like this, that really provide the scope of the production. Is this a more or less complete listing? I have seen an F-117 Nighthawk - would that be #43 "Hawk"? How about the Mig-23? I own an F-15I, which I do not find on the list, and I saw a F-16I once on eBay.

Looks like there were some of the early Wilhelmshavener kits reprinted in this format. I remember reading that the magazine dates from 1948, and that they published a model every 2 months. This list clarifies that the models did not start appearing until the 4rth year or so of the magazine, that is was every month for a while, and then every 2nd month, and then every third, until it stopped. Was it always aircraft, or were there ships or tanks as well? (It is the magazine of the Israeli Air Force, right?)
Old 09-25-2010, 10:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
Thanks for the list, Moshe! I love listings like this, that really provide the scope of the production. Is this a more or less complete listing? I have seen an F-117 Nighthawk - would that be #43 "Hawk"? How about the Mig-23? I own an F-15I, which I do not find on the list, and I saw a F-16I once on eBay.

Looks like there were some of the early Wilhelmshavener kits reprinted in this format. I remember reading that the magazine dates from 1948, and that they published a model every 2 months. This list clarifies that the models did not start appearing until the 4rth year or so of the magazine, that is was every month for a while, and then every 2nd month, and then every third, until it stopped. Was it always aircraft, or were there ships or tanks as well? (It is the magazine of the Israeli Air Force, right?)

Rob,

here's the complete list. 4-5 kits were dropped by mistake, while changing the format. They issued only aircrafts. The air force wanted to attract the young people to join him, so, they couldn't issue
ships or vehicles :D
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAF Kits_ English.pdf (17.8 KB, 98 views)
Old 09-26-2010, 09:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Thank you very much Moshe. It is a unique recruitment effort, and a most interesting set of models. The dates of production span the entire modern era of flight. I am guessing that the magazine was not published every month, or 202 issues would takes us through ~17 years. If they just stopped producing them a few months ago, the actual range must be several decades longer than that.

So last question (and then I'll stop pestering you). Would you know when the first of the series of models was published? Looks like the early 50's, judging by the subjects. All the best, Rob T
Old 09-26-2010, 09:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
Thank you very much Moshe. It is a unique recruitment effort, and a most interesting set of models. The dates of production span the entire modern era of flight. I am guessing that the magazine was not published every month, or 202 issues would takes us through ~17 years. If they just stopped producing them a few months ago, the actual range must be several decades longer than that.

So last question (and then I'll stop pestering you). Would you know when the first of the series of models was published? Looks like the early 50's, judging by the subjects. All the best, Rob T
It was first issued, in the early 1950's. In 1974/5, I saw in a library copies of the magazine from its early years. One of them still had the kit (the Bomarc missile, without the launch pad - it was too big for the magazine size). I returned the magazine to the library without the kit, of course :D

I started building the kits they issued, at the beginning of 1968. And I built all their kits for about five years, 6 issues per year. When the management changed, they reduced to 3-4 kits per year. later they found two teenagers who prepared for the magazine 5-6 kits (looked like hand drawn and completely inaccurate), than they found a professional designer that used CAD software. He designed about 10 kits, and than came a new editor, that couldn't care less about paper models. Sometime during the 1970's, they changed the format of the magazine, and introduced us to advertisements. From that point on, I lost interest in the magazine. And I buy it, only once a year or less.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Regarding the models I listed for sale earlier in the thread
I have sold all but 2ea space shuttles and 1ea F-117...Ron
Google Adsense
Old 12-26-2010, 07:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
The ealiest model I have of the IAFM collection is an F-84F in I think Danish marking Probably published in the 60's ( and yes, I bought it back then; I think...............)

It is preety good ( in comparison ), but I will probably never build it. I like the 1/33 scale models so much more.

Isaac
Old 08-07-2011, 03:51 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
The IAFM kits are paper bound only, there are no legal electronic files of these kits.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!

Last edited by 3Turner; 10-20-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: removing quoted email requesting pirated kits
Old 08-08-2011, 11:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Crap.............
Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
There are much better kits of the Mig than the IAFM kits. Even the Maly kit is better. The GPM Mig-29UB is great.

Cheers

Isaac
Old 04-11-2015, 11:47 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Marek,

Unfortunately Ron40 passed on

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo

Last edited by 3Turner; 04-11-2015 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Hey boss.. Removing portion quoted of member offering scans.
Google Adsense