PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Marketplace

Old 06-19-2010, 02:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 356.23 MB
A very nice M.C. 72 may be found at Macchi M.C.72 - Vehicles - Paper CraftCanon CREATIVE PARK
Old 06-19-2010, 02:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutzes View Post

Thanks. I already got that one. It is a really nice model. Funny, I was just looking at it earlier today. Thinking when I will have time to start on that. But, I was hoping to have a book on that with good scale drawings. If I can get my hands on some detail plans, that good too.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi,
I've had a look at the Macchi MC-72 plans I have, but they are not a patch on the plans used to make the model at CraftCanon and you would be better off to go with that one. In fact I downloaded a kit for myself from CraftCanon.
I have not done a listing of the balsa & tissue plans I've got of aircraft kits issued prior to and during WW2. I swapped for them from someone who was dying of cancer and I wanted to help keep him motivated and enthusiastic about something other than how long he had got left, anyway, one day he stopped writing so I guess that was that.
I will swap copies of those plans with anyone who has similar plans of their own of balsa & tissue kit aircraft on a one for one basis, that is for kits new to me.
Until then, I'm not really interested in cataloging them nor will I supply them.
Richard (BigBenn).
Old 07-16-2010, 06:50 PM

I'm looking to purchase for plans or kits for WWII transport/cargo ships. Either cardstock or balsa builds would be nice. Would prefer 1/144th scale, but I'm not fussy. Do you have any available?

Ralf
Old 07-17-2010, 10:36 AM

Hi,
So far as I am aware, I don't have any plans specifically for WW2 transport/cargo ships. I must admit, I've never thought of such ships, but I do have a basic plan of the German WW2 Q Ship (whose name I forget) which sank HMAS Sydney and that looked like a cargo ship, but it wasn't, I think it was an armed cruiser.
I don't think cargo ships have changed much over the years and I have large scale plans for a cargo ship of 1947 or thereabouts, which could be a WW2 cargo ship, by design - but it's all pretty much a pig in a poke, I'm afraid.
I have plans of cargo ships up to about 1910 - 1920, but they are unusual and I doubt if they would have lasted to WW2......I'm afraid early ships and warships is my thing and some stuff up to the 1970's for the odd request, but cargo ships of WW2 are not "my thing". Does anyone have anything about that type of ship I wonder?
Richard (BigBenn)
Google Adsense
Old 07-17-2010, 11:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
would be really helpful if you could come up with a list of what plans you got. Make thing easier for everybody. Asking do you have this, how about that, ok do you have this... really get tiring.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
A list would be nice
Old 07-18-2010, 09:42 AM

Bigbenn;

The ship you refer to is the freighter/Helfschiff HSK-8 Komoran. It fits my interests perfectly. Can you find it in your stack of stuff and how much do you want for it?

I just purchased a C4 based General Pope Class troop transport, and an early 1900's steam packet ship named SS Brighton (what a CUTE ship!) that served the Royal Navy in WWI. European and some US cargo ships/ocean liners from the 1900's could have seen use in WWI, which is also of interest to me.

If it has paddle wheels or sails, sadly I can't use them.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 AM

Hi Ralf,
What do you plan to do with the models you create? Are they going to be kits for distribution or are the models a one off, for your own use?
Richard
Old 07-20-2010, 12:22 PM

The card models I make are one-off for my mantle (and post pictures of, of course!). I am going to use a selct ship as a mock up for wood/fiberglass RC model. I have no means, nor plans to reproduce them. Are these models that you have collectors items that should be left as is, and a copy used to build?

Ralf
Google Adsense