PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Marketplace

Old 08-05-2010, 03:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Cleveland Models P38 Lightning Balsa Wood Kit for sale

Hello,

I'm trying to sell Cleveland Models Balsa Wood Kit P38 Lightning.

It is NIB from the 1950s. Blueprints show a copyright of 1941.

Being forced to sell it due to lack of employment and needing some surgery to be able to work.

Photos were taken this morning, so you can see the condition.

Box is in good shape, top of box has an indentation shown in one of the photos, one end has some white paint, but contents are as shown with no damage. You can see that the staples holding box together have no rust and are shiny, this model has been well protected thru the years.

This is the first time the box has been opened in years. I don't want to unfold the blueprints because of wear and "tear" on the folds.

If you're interested, please PM me. Be fore warned though that it is a very valuable kit (I have over $550 invested). I don't want to sell it, but health issues say otherwise.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Attached Thumbnails
Cleveland Models P38 Lightning Balsa Wood Kit for sale-p38-1.jpg   Cleveland Models P38 Lightning Balsa Wood Kit for sale-p38-2.jpg   Cleveland Models P38 Lightning Balsa Wood Kit for sale-p38-3.jpg   Cleveland Models P38 Lightning Balsa Wood Kit for sale-p38-4.jpg   Cleveland Models P38 Lightning Balsa Wood Kit for sale-p38-5.jpg  

Cleveland Models P38 Lightning Balsa Wood Kit for sale-p38-6.jpg   Cleveland Models P38 Lightning Balsa Wood Kit for sale-p38-7.jpg   Cleveland Models P38 Lightning Balsa Wood Kit for sale-p38-8.jpg   Cleveland Models P38 Lightning Balsa Wood Kit for sale-p38-9.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-05-2010, 07:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
That's a real treasure, Mike.

Don
Old 08-05-2010, 08:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
That's a real treasure, Mike.

Don
Yes, Don it is! It is breaking my heart to sell, but, a hernia has also broken thru and needs fixed for over 2-years now.

I do have connections to sell to collectors, but wanted to give the chance for a fellow modeler to purchase it, this type of model is almost impossible to find!

Try and google or use any search engine you want, bet you have a very hard time finding one, if you can at all! The only place I know to look is here...

http://www.collectair.com/index.html

Collect Air in Santa Barbara has been contacted. It is a very nice business, and if it goes to him it is going to a good place.

He deals with this type of vintage models and art work.

The way the economy is, the value isn't what it used to be, but I'd rather not have to list it on eBay.

BTW-The only thing that resembles plastic is the acetate for the canopy. The black props you see are some kind of fiberboard, not sure what. Everything is wood or balsa wood. In the small bag is the wood "thrust" bearings for the propellers. The wheels are wood and the engine nacelles need carved from balsa. No vacuum formed styrene anywhere in the kit!

Best regards,
Mike bauer