PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 09-18-2010, 02:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 15.61 MB
HMS Good Hope

Is Fantom Models producing a model of HMS Good Hope? There's a reference to it on their website. That is a great choice for a model! Does anyone have any details?

Thanks,
Russ
Google Adsense
Old 09-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
No word but I am guessing here but this could be their update on the project may just be starting the process of a test builld it looks going on the date it seems to be the same date as their notice on the page you put a link to. modele w budowei
http://www.fantom-model.pl/img/GH_budowa1.jpg

was trying to put it as an image with the pop up thing but seems not to accept that site, the modele w budowei is where they have two photos of the test build
Old 09-18-2010, 06:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Not much to see yet, but the results will be good. They are also doing HMS Leviathan. These will be in 1:300 scale.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.52 MB
Good Hope

And I wonder why nobody else than JSC attempted at selling his own Scharnhorst/Gneisenau, as these ships were ill-fated such as the Bismarck or the Yamato were. It is strange to notice how attractive are the loosers, as a revenge, perhaps because they are bringing along a romantic mood the winner lacks for ever. On the other hand, it seems to me the Good Hope could not fight with much gallantry, as Von Spee did not leave Cradock's fleet enough time to. Would it be a major drawback? In the same way, trying to set a chart of sympathy, the Hood cannot obviously overtake the Bismarck. Looser vs looser, the one which lasts some more time is the ultimate winner. It comes to my mind that is the same when considering the death of a bull during a corrida.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Renaud, that is an interesting thought. Until now, no one has ever done a model of the ill-fated Blucher (I) or II), although both have now recently appeared. How about the Oklahoma, no models of her, but plenty of Arizona. Or the Danton or Bouvet, unlucky French ships (but I know Carl will do those.)

The problem with doing British Admiralty ships is that HM Government owns the drawings, and they want a lot of money for a copy. Not like the French, who have made their archive more freely available.