PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 09-22-2010, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.17 MB
Deckape;

Your model has inspired me to take on my IJN Akagi build. I think like your project, I will use both plastic, paper, wood, metal and whatever else this old Seabee could dig up.

Your build is a true work of art!

I should have some photos posted soon of a plastic IJN Kongo I'm working on. Again thank you for your work.

Sam
SERE Instructor 89-95
Old 09-22-2010, 10:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammuel View Post
Deckape;

Your model has inspired me to take on my IJN Akagi build. I think like your project, I will use both plastic, paper, wood, metal and whatever else this old Seabee could dig up.

Your build is a true work of art!

I should have some photos posted soon of a plastic IJN Kongo I'm working on. Again thank you for your work.

Sam

Sam
Thanks sailor for your reply by any chance were station at MCB 4 Port Hueneme California across the street from the old B&D Market, I was station there aboard the old U.S.S. NORTON SOUND AKA USS. HOTEL PORT HUNEME. Just wondering, Thanks again on the reply I ma greatfull and ahppy I inspired you to your new build.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:01 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
this is what I love about here, even when not able to build like i am right now confined to bed with a bad flu for almost a week I can just jump in here and I am sure to find someone has some super build for me to look at. Thanks for that bit of pleasure during the bad days. off back to bed and sleep before the nurse kills me
Old 09-23-2010, 06:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wow!

Thanks a bunch for sharing this beautiful model. I am new to the forum and this is the first of your builds I've seen. I plan on searching for more of your work.

On a another note and most importantly, I noticed you said you were in the VA Hospital. I am a USAF Vet and a current VA employee and I'd like to thank you for your service.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.17 MB
Deckape;

I was never in NMCB 4, but very familar with the location and the USS Norton Sound. I pent many years in the PH area. Us "Dirt Sailors", have plenty respect for our brothers serving "haze gray and underway".

When it comes down to it once a US Sailor, no matter what the rate, you are always a US Sailor.

Now lets turn too and build some models!

Sam
SERE Instructor 89-95
Google Adsense
Old 09-23-2010, 07:30 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Those are some terrific images of a great looking ship. When done well, like this one, the color pattern on the hull really stands out. Quite a collection!
Mike
Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormax View Post
this is what I love about here, even when not able to build like i am right now confined to bed with a bad flu for almost a week I can just jump in here and I am sure to find someone has some super build for me to look at. Thanks for that bit of pleasure during the bad days. off back to bed and sleep before the nurse kills me
Doc,
Your welcome sir get well, get out of the sack and TURN TWO CONTINUE SHIPS WORK
Old 09-23-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwb921 View Post
Thanks a bunch for sharing this beautiful model. I am new to the forum and this is the first of your builds I've seen. I plan on searching for more of your work.

On a another note and most importantly, I noticed you said you were in the VA Hospital. I am a USAF Vet and a current VA employee and I'd like to thank you for your service.
rwb921
Your welcome Sir, thank you for you fine fellas takeing good care of us old vets we need you very much your all we have to look forward too when we are down on the weather helm. I have a lot of builds posted, you will love this forum we have a great bunch of fellows here and are very helpfull like one big huge family. you will also recieve a lot good benefits here to so TURN TWO AND CONTINUE SHIPS WORK
Old 09-23-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammuel View Post
Deckape;

I was never in NMCB 4, but very familar with the location and the USS Norton Sound. I pent many years in the PH area. Us "Dirt Sailors", have plenty respect for our brothers serving "haze gray and underway".

When it comes down to it once a US Sailor, no matter what the rate, you are always a US Sailor.

Now lets turn too and build some models!

Sam

Sam
Orders resended, I am TURNING TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks sailor.
Boats
Old 09-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
My Dear Grandad Boats. What can i say that the others haven't already said about this beautiful build of a remarkable Ship ? Truly awesome and a masterpiece Skipper
Google Adsense