PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 11-01-2010, 09:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
U.s.s lexington cv2 1942

Ahoy
Here is another I just finished up on I lot of these so I will try noit to tie up the page with these builds. I,ll start posting 2 a week no sense of me tieing up the page. Here is the U.S.S. LEXINGTON CV-2 In her measure of 5s, on her decks are SBD Dauntless Dive bombers and TBD Devestater Torpedo bombers. Along with the U.S.S. HORNET they both were short lived, Here she is.
Attached Thumbnails
U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-pict0001.jpg   U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-pict0002.jpg   U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-pict0003.jpg   U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-pict0004.jpg   U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-pict0005.jpg  

U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-pict0006.jpg   U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-pict0007.jpg   U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-pict0008.jpg   U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-pict0010.jpg   U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-pict0009.jpg  

U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-pict0011.jpg  
Old 11-02-2010, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 204.72 MB
Amazing! You manage to capture both quality and quantity in the builds you've been posting. Please continue to post them.

Doug
Old 11-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up Outstanding workmanship

My dear Grand dad Boats. If i was to give you a Trophy for each of your builds, you would have so many you would need to be re-housed :D What can i say that hasn't already been said to you by so many of the guys here at PM DOT COM ? You are one of the most talented and truly remarkable guys here, this place is certainly is blessed by having you aboard - and most certainly wouldn't be the same without you. Your build here is exceptional as are all your builds... each one of them is a priceless gem. I am now starting to wonder and hope, that one day you will post a picture of the USS Nimitz (CVN 68) - have you built her too Skipper ? Look forward to tuning in to so many more of your beautiful builds Skipper
Old 11-02-2010, 07:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
My dear Grand dad Boats. If i was to give you a Trophy for each of your builds, you would have so many you would need to be re-housed :D What can i say that hasn't already been said to you by so many of the guys here at PM DOT COM ? You are one of the most talented and truly remarkable guys here, this place is certainly is blessed by having you aboard - and most certainly wouldn't be the same without you. Your build here is exceptional as are all your builds... each one of them is a priceless gem. I am now starting to wonder and hope, that one day you will post a picture of the USS Nimitz (CVN 68) - have you built her too Skipper ? Look forward to tuning in to so many more of your beautiful builds Skipper
Grandson Peter
I have the blueprints of the Nimitz CVN-68 I prabably will be starting on it this winter time I was watching a flick called the final countdown it inspired me someday in building one of these 1100 footers in my collection, thanky you ver much for your wonderfull replies I honer them. I have 86 more ships that need to be touched up I,ll post them all here, I took inventory the other day I have almost 800 models, I had no idea I had so many of them, every time I look at them I go through a time warp, takes me back when I was once a young man and a school boy, thanks very much I hope I am not boreing everyone with these builds here.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Grandson Peter
I have the blueprints of the Nimitz CVN-68 I prabably will be starting on it this winter time I was watching a flick called the final countdown it inspired me someday in building one of these 1100 footers in my collection, thanky you ver much for your wonderfull replies I honer them. I have 86 more ships that need to be touched up I,ll post them all here, I took inventory the other day I have almost 800 models, I had no idea I had so many of them, every time I look at them I go through a time warp, takes me back when I was once a young man and a school boy, thanks very much I hope I am not boreing everyone with these builds here.
The Final Countdown is a brilliant film - i love to see the face on the Zero pilot when the pair of Tomcats go rushing bye - the Zero gets caught up in the wash from the F-14's - it's awesome. Look forward to seeing this coming to life in your fair hands Skipper. We could NEVER get bored looking at your work - bring them all on, and let us drool over them
Attached Thumbnails
U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-nimitz3.jpg   U.s.s lexington cv2 1942-nimitz9.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-04-2011, 02:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello. I am new here and as yet have not built a paper model. I am eager to get started. I was looking for a destroyer or battleship to accompany my scratch built wood 1/144th scale U.S.S. Nimitz. and noticed your post of sikilar interest. I wonder if you can produce these in any scale you want or how does that work ?Most of what I,ve seen are odd scales and I prefer things to be 1/144th as my whole collection in that scale. i would enclose pictures but I dont know how, or how to post anything myself.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
Hey Boats,is this a modification of GPMs Lexington? Looks pretty good in her CoralSea fitting out!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
A fine pairing of carriers, Boats, sir!
You've again produced two beautiful builds.

The Nimitz would certainly be as interesting, and yes, as a lad I too saw "The Final Countdown" movie. While I didn't think much of the storyline, I certainly enjoyed the carriers and aircraft.

Kind and Respectful regards Boats sir, Uyraell.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:16 PM

Wonderful model. Having built the GPM card model kit I can appreciate the effort that went into it. The GPM model is of Lexington in 1936 with the 8" rifles so it is interesting to see the changes by 1942. Great job
regards Jim Bean
Old 07-04-2011, 11:13 PM

Ahoy there Boats - you have done a wonderful job with this, as usual! Looks great!
Google Adsense