PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 11-03-2010, 08:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
U.s.s. Oregon 1898

Ahoy

Here is presedent McKinleys Bulldog of the Battle at Minilia Bay durring the Spanish American War. The U.S.S. OREGON is the third of the Massachusetts class Battleship, Very low freeboard she rode very low in the water. this ship had a lot of history behind her, she reamined a flagship for 5 years after the Spanish american War served in WW1 as training ship. in 1918 after the first worldd war she was stricken from the naval register and became a memorial for the Spanish american war and a tourist ship in the State of Oregon, she remained there until april of 1943 Presedent Roosevelt commisioned her as an amunition hulk she was towed to Guam and remained there , durring a typhoon she broke away from her moorings and wondered off into the south pacific ocean once she was located again she went under tow, durring rough seas she took on water nad sank.

Here is my model of the Battleship U.S.S. OREGON I built this from Edward wesweser plans in the scale of 1/16th or 1/192. I just fimished cleaning her up and gave her a coat of 50 50 dope, I will have her finished tommorow and I will take some finished pictures of her I,ll take her outside for these pictures It is hard for me to take good clear pictures with this camera I have My Firstmate has plans for me to get a new more expensive digical camera so i can take better quality pictures as long as I had this camera it takes better pictures outside. here is a couple pictures of my Oregon.
Attached Thumbnails
U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0001.jpg   U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0002.jpg   U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0003.jpg  
Old 11-04-2010, 06:27 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Good Morning:
Great to see your rendition of Oregon. She looks wonderful. Looking forward to more images. I built Digital Navy's version of her, and she remains one of my favorites.
Mike
Old 11-04-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mash View Post
Good Morning:
Great to see your rendition of Oregon. She looks wonderful. Looking forward to more images. I built Digital Navy's version of her, and she remains one of my favorites.
Mike
Micheal
thanks for the reply some day i will inquire in getting a digical navy kit, and have her post Spanish american colors all white with buff funnels, Deweys great white fleet wee very colorfull for that era of time symbolizing our great navy that represents a nation to recond with, I have a set of plans of the U.S.S. BROOKLYN Protected cruiser scale is 1/48 scale 89 inch,s long when done I might start on that one after new years. thanks for yopur reply I will have this done tommorow and i will post the last pictures of her I got most of the railings all done a little here and there shes good to go.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Thank you very much for posting the photographs, I've been wanting to see them for some time now. As always, an excellent museum quality build. Your build is MUCH better than the model in the Oregon Maritime Museum in Portland, Oregon.

I also have the Digital Navy kit, and although expensive, I can highly recommend it to anyone that has interest in this era of ships. It builds fast and is very accurate in fit and looks. The kit comes in three different paint schemes, and can be built full hull or waterline, so you end up with three kits for the price of one.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife View Post
Thank you very much for posting the photographs, I've been wanting to see them for some time now. As always, an excellent museum quality build. Your build is MUCH better than the model in the Oregon Maritime Museum in Portland, Oregon.

I also have the Digital Navy kit, and although expensive, I can highly recommend it to anyone that has interest in this era of ships. It builds fast and is very accurate in fit and looks. The kit comes in three different paint schemes, and can be built full hull or waterline, so you end up with three kits for the price of one.
Knife
Thanks for your reply I will have the finished product done today and I will post another one of my fleet builds lord knows I have a vast collection of these i got to get them done before I post a build thread.for years I been haveing a bad case of model syndrome which means build so much and get bored and go to another build this onlt results to a lot of unfinished builds. thanks for your reply on the Oregon I will have update finished pictures of her today.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Beautiful and a wonderful subject. Congratulations on finishing her!

Carl
Old 11-05-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
Beautiful and a wonderful subject. Congratulations on finishing her!

Carl
Carl
Thanks I been turning two on her all day I will have her done in a couple hours I will post the update pictures of her.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.91 MB
A very fine looking ship.

Hobby Blog: torakaze.blogspot.com
Old 11-05-2010, 07:50 PM

She is Done finished pictures

Ahoy
Been at this all day I logged in 17 hours today ready for another finished build. Here she is I have the Bulldog of the great white fleet finished. I,m truely sorry about the pictures this camera i have dont do justice for my builds My first mate is getting me another one. the new one will take quality pictures. On the Battleship Oregon I got all the railings done and awning stantions in place only thing missing is the crew. I already have a dust cover made for her pernament berth tommorow I will post another goodie foryou fine fellas out there Here she is
Attached Thumbnails
U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0001.jpg   U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0002.jpg   U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0003.jpg   U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0004.jpg   U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0005.jpg  

U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0006.jpg   U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0007.jpg   U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0009.jpg   U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0010.jpg   U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0011.jpg  

U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0012.jpg   U.s.s. Oregon  1898-pict0013.jpg  
Old 11-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
My dear Grand dad Boats. Yet another excellent build of a fine ship... you did her full justice Skipper
Google Adsense