PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Not only that, those curved cuts in thickened paper eat up knife blades like they're cornflakes!
I bet... you must have plenty in stock for all of this work - Dedication to the task in hand shines through here Marco.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Mauiman Send a message via MSN to Mauiman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
And the maritime museum in Halifax, Canada holds some original pieces of wreckage of RMS Titanic (Titanic). When I was there a few years ago I also came across a more modern famous liner, the Queen Elizabeth 2.
I have been away for a long time yes but I want to say about that piece of the RMS Titanic is SWEET SON OF A *BLEEP* As for your model it is turning out to be a wonderful jaw dropper. Keep at it and put it proudly on display. You are doing well.

Back to the piece of the Titanic's interior I had no clue that something that big has made it through these times and was in such great preservation. I am blown away and feel like crying right now from the ecstaticness. I am just overwhelmed. I really feel the need to go and touch that piece and the big piece of the ship. Titanic is something that I am very passionate about. So keep on trucking with this model and don't disappoint me.

-Alex
Old 01-19-2011, 12:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.26 MB
And here is the completion of the davits. Just to make sure things don't get too easy I'm going to try to do some actual rigging on the lifeboats.
Attached Thumbnails
RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5274.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5276.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5278.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5279.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5281.jpg  

RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5283.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5285.jpg  
St. Peter's & Vatican - 1:3900 - Micromodels
Old 01-19-2011, 01:46 AM

BEAUTIFUL !

Your work convinced me. I have added this kit in my stash at Christmas. Now the challenge is to find some time.

Hubert.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauiman View Post
I have been away for a long time yes but I want to say about that piece of the RMS Titanic is SWEET SON OF A *BLEEP* As for your model it is turning out to be a wonderful jaw dropper. Keep at it and put it proudly on display. You are doing well.

Back to the piece of the Titanic's interior I had no clue that something that big has made it through these times and was in such great preservation. I am blown away and feel like crying right now from the ecstaticness. I am just overwhelmed. I really feel the need to go and touch that piece and the big piece of the ship. Titanic is something that I am very passionate about. So keep on trucking with this model and don't disappoint me.

-Alex
I know how you must feel - I have a link with the Titanic, family wise, {James Scott was my wifes Great Grandad - he worked on the Titanic - he was carpenter, the saw belonged to him {see attachments} he used it on board the ship - the rest of the set of saws is missing, although we do have his spoke shave } The sight of this model being built really does bring it all back to life. I have a few items regarding her - see attachments. Hope this is ok with Marco - if not, i will remove this post - no problem.
Attached Thumbnails
RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-dscf0655.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-dscf0657.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-dscf0658.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-locket.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-overall-scene.jpg  

RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-saw-close-up.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-saw-mid-close.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-19-2011, 08:01 AM

No worries, it's interesting stuff!
It does fascinate me how the story of Titanic remains so vividly on people's minds after almost a century.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:01 AM

Here is the start of the lifeboats; the two collapsible boats and two smaller clippers, and the 16 main lifeboats.
Attached Thumbnails
RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5286.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5288.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5292.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5293.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5295.jpg  

RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5296.jpg  
Old 01-20-2011, 07:11 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Hello Marco,
Nice detailed work on the davits. I'm looking forward to seeing how all those lifeboats turn out.
Mike
Old 01-21-2011, 05:38 AM

Here are the "clean" lifeboats, but I'm going to be using some rigging next.
Attached Thumbnails
RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5297.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5298.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5299.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5300.jpg   RMS Titanic - Fly/Gomix - 1:200 full hull-img_5301.jpg  

Old 01-21-2011, 08:22 PM

WOW

How does one top a Masterful build of the Titanic, you don't.

Man, your just a building machine.

I have had this kit, and I know 1st hand just what a monster kit this is, but you sir seem to have tamed it w/ease.

As always another wonderful piece of art from your skilled hands.

Rick