PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-23-2011, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Talking CSS Southern States

Hi,

While trying to learn how to use GSU, I have started a project called: "CSS Southern States" Here is a first view.
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Southern States-css-southern-states-iso-01.jpg  

PS If you like ironclads checkout this site: http://www.theuniversalfoundation.com/ironclad.html

Last edited by Ironcladman; 01-23-2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Wrong Picture!
Google Adsense
Old 01-24-2011, 05:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 78.14 MB
Send a message via MSN to rebelatsea
Interesting project, is it based on anything in particular or straight off the top of your head ?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:38 PM

Talking Top of the Head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelatsea View Post
Interesting project, is it based on anything in particular or straight off the top of your head ?
Hi,

It is just a hybrid of ironclad design elements for me to learn how to use the GSU. I want to build paper ironclads and put micro RC stuff in them.

Here is a new pic with the full hull. OMG alot of planking. I am gonna have to find faster ways (shortcuts) todo this stuff... I think I could have built a real boat in the time it took me todo the hull!

I will finish it, then I will rebuild it to employ the new stuff I am learning! (Ok figuring out how to use the GSU!)
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Southern States-css-southern-states-iso-02.jpg  

PS If you like ironclads checkout this site: http://www.theuniversalfoundation.com/ironclad.html

Last edited by Ironcladman; 01-24-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Left out the Picture!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 78.14 MB
Send a message via MSN to rebelatsea
Ok thanks for that. Looks good.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:27 PM

Talking Bad News!

Hi,

Bad News! While cleaning up me hard drive I deleted this model by mistake sooooo.....it's done!

Sorry for any inconvience this may cause.....dang northerns always sinkin me ironclads!

Google Adsense
Old 03-09-2011, 03:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.73 MB
How 'bout some cotton clads and Ellit rams so we can model the first battle of Memphis ?
Order of battle:
U.S. Ironclads Benton, Louisville, Carondelet, Cairo, and St. Louis and U.S. Army Rams Queen of the West and Monarch [US]; C.S. Navy Rams General Beauregard, General Bragg, General Price, General Van Dorn, General Thompson, Colonel Lovell, Sumter, and Little Rebel [CS]
Old 03-09-2011, 04:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Hay, i know how that feels! I have lost models do to computer crashes or accidentally deleting stuff! I now use a Click free external drive that automaticly saves my stuff in a auto back up. Saved my butt a couple of times. It also has a storage section that comes in handy as well.

CT.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:07 PM

Talking Dooem All!

Hi,

I just was looking at the USS Benton pics a day ago and the USS Cairo, I am sure I will be doing them all.....eventually. It is amazing how many different ships there were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
How 'bout some cotton clads and Ellit rams so we can model the first battle of Memphis ?
Order of battle:
U.S. Ironclads Benton, Louisville, Carondelet, Cairo, and St. Louis and U.S. Army Rams Queen of the West and Monarch [US]; C.S. Navy Rams General Beauregard, General Bragg, General Price, General Van Dorn, General Thompson, Colonel Lovell, Sumter, and Little Rebel [CS]

Old 03-10-2011, 02:13 PM

Talking BackMEUp!

HI,

Yep, your right I am going to have to start backing up stuff again.....the only good thing about this loss is that it wasn't a real ironclad so it can be lost and no harm. All the real ironclad models are getting backedup, and most of the data I will be putting on the net.....so once it is out there it is forever out there.....first I gotta build something worth it and finish it.....I am notoriously easily distractable..... now wut was we talkin bout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct ertz View Post
Hay, i know how that feels! I have lost models do to computer crashes or accidentally deleting stuff! I now use a Click free external drive that automaticly saves my stuff in a auto back up. Saved my butt a couple of times. It also has a storage section that comes in handy as well.

CT.

Tags
ironclads