PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 05-01-2008, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Request for Help!

I did a dumb thing when I was making the illustration of doodadage that is shown above... I copied over the original file with a save an lost it. I would really appreciate it if someone happens to have saved the same picture if they could let me know and email it to me.

It came from the old Tsushima site when they still had the pictures. It is Patrie and is taken from the port quarter. It is the only decent photo that I had of the ships that clearly shows stern detail. Greg, you are perhaps my best hope here!

Fortunately I had printed out an 8x10" glossy of this but I would still really like the electronic photo so that I can zoom in on details.

Thank you to anybody that can help!

Carl
Old 05-01-2008, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Sorry, GB, I checked my collection this morning & could not find the photo. When I first saw it, I was going to ask you for an E-copy as I thought I had not seen it before.

I had a someone similar computer device problem last night. I was applying for a job and started to look for my original application & resume in my computer files. I discovered that I had deleted everything during one of my computer file cleanings/emptying recycle bin frenzies. Hope that makes you feel better.

Greg
Old 05-09-2008, 07:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Hey Carl, you have been awfully quiet for a while now. The three of us who are interested need a fix.

regards
Old 05-11-2008, 09:33 AM

Hey Fred. I guess that I am suffering from a little bit of designers block right now. First I had my unemployed (never employed, 56yo) brother and wife in town along with elderly parents. It was somewhat demanding and draining. After getting through that I had to deal with some medication issues that left me with black outs and nausea.

Now I'm back to working on the turrets which I started a week ago. I'm pondering the main turrets which seem to have a peculiar sort of periphery at the top which is going to take some kind of unique modeling solution. Maybe Greg can show you a nice photo.

Here is where I am now before I start altering the turrets...

Carl
Attached Thumbnails
-turret-view-1a.jpg  
Old 05-11-2008, 12:24 PM

...and here is the turret after it has been fixed. It will be fun to build.
Attached Thumbnails
-turret-view-2a.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-11-2008, 02:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Glad to see more of the Liberté! At this stage, it's like seeing a ghost ship materialize on the computer screen.

My sympathies for the recent trials and tribulations, Carl. I hope that the model work is helping to clear your mind. It looks like the Liberté will provide plenty of mental and building challenges.

Don
Old 05-11-2008, 04:21 PM

I'm guessing that the designing is good therapy for you, so hang in there! I find it interesting that the secondary turrets have a more modern look with the sloped armor than the main turrets. I think this is the first class where the designers were allowed a sufficient displacement to carry the armament, and wasn't this one of the first classes to have all main/secondary armaments in turrets? ( my library is still on the other side of the river.)

regards
Old 05-19-2008, 07:18 AM

hmm. There do seem to be a few posts missing.

Anyway, I lost my focus on Liberté and found myself working on something different...

It all started when I was rummaging around in the French Government site looking for treasures and stumbled on a not-good-but-better-than-I've-seen drawing for the peculiar and interesting Sans-Pareil... and of course its more famous sister the Victoria. In any case I started doing a picture search and found a few decent but not good ones. But then I found pictures of two different models, one in a museum and one purchaseable in resin. The best part of this is that the two models don't agree in detail and neither entirely agrees with what I see on the photos!!! I've decided that this is enough of a basis to make a model so here I start.

We shall see if I drive through with this project first or revert back to Liberté. I'm dissatisfied there with my references on the bridge. I cannot find a clear view of the bridge and it is impeding my design impetus.

Carl
Attached Thumbnails
-ip-5-19a.jpg  
Old 05-19-2008, 08:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Sorry to hear about the lost focus on the Liberté, Carl, but the Sans-Pareil is a most fomby-looking warship that I would love to see take shape. So long as you are designing and building, it’s a win-win situation, as far as I’m concerned.

And much as I enjoy the beautiful and unusual French warships of the Victorian and Edwardian era, I like British warships even more.

And, of course, the collision between the Victoria and Camperdown in 1893 to the mutual destruction of both is a compelling story.

Don
Old 05-19-2008, 08:46 AM

if you can get your hands on "The Black Battlefleet" by Admiral Ballard, if I remember rightly, it has good info and pictures of Victoria/Sans Pareil.

Is Renaud still helping with Liberte? he has always come through before.

regards