PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 08-10-2011, 05:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Smile Ss canberra help !!!

As a card modeller who served on the Canberra i am trying to source a card kit that was produced.The kit was designed by Ken and Rex Carr and printed by WJ Thurman probaly in the late 60s or early 70s.If anyone has this lying around wishing to sell let me know.Even a scanned copy via email would be great,The great white is no more and there are few kits around of her
thanx
Google Adsense
Old 08-10-2011, 05:20 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Herky,

Asking if anyone has a kit to sell is fine. Asking someone to send a scanned kit via email, is not.
This will be the only warning you recieve about this. Scanned files of hard copy kits is piracy,
and is not tolerated here on this forum. It does result in disciplinary actions.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Does it ever occur to anyone that they might not know better? I mean, it seems self evident, and really it should be, but in this day and age when everything is free, people probably just don't make the connection. Maybe a little bit of gentleness is in order.

[email protected]
Old 08-10-2011, 06:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by APA-168 View Post
Does it ever occur to anyone that they might not know better? I mean, it seems self evident, and really it should be, but in this day and age when everything is free, people probably just don't make the connection. Maybe a little bit of gentleness is in order.
Agree 100%...maybe PM needs a very brief terms and conditions that must be signed off on as part of requesting membership...

Unfortunately unable to help with a card Canberra but would love to see your build if you find one...
Old 08-10-2011, 08:21 PM

there is a free model of the SS oriana . you can modify it, it is close to the SS canberra there is no card model of the Canberra around unless it is scratch built
Google Adsense
Old 08-11-2011, 05:09 PM

whoops!!!

certainly didnt intend to cross anylines here.i assumed that if anyone had the kit they had purchased at some time in their scanner i would have been prepared to pay for a copy of it.as the kit has been out of print for years now that was unlikely anyways.lesson learnt.
p.s. have the oriana kit and having served on both ships i can state they are nowhere near close to each other in shape but thanks for the suggestion anyways
Old 08-11-2011, 05:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 136.8 KB
No wories we all make mistakes some times.........
Old 02-18-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
As a card modeller who served on the Canberra i am trying to source a card kit that was produced.The kit was designed by Ken and Rex Carr and printed by WJ Thurman probaly in the late 60s or early 70s.If anyone has this lying around wishing to sell let me know.Even a scanned copy via email would be great,The great white is no more and there are few kits around of her
thanx
eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerst?cke, Sportartikel und mehr ? alles zu g?nstigen Preisen

Ships only to Europe, send a message to the seller, if there is aproblem, just contact me, i am living in the Netherlands

[email protected]

Although in the 'fridge' at the moment, JSC does have a Falklands War' commerative issue planned, including ss Canberra
Old 02-19-2012, 03:18 PM

thanks for that info.thats the kit im looking for.will contact seller and try to come to some arrangement.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
thanks for that info.thats the kit im looking for.will contact seller and try to come to some arrangement.
Okay,

When he does not want to ship outside Europe, contact me, there might be something arranged, if you wish such, I could buy it (tell me the maximum bid I should make, to be added postage from Germany to Netherlands (parcel as book EUR 3,45), than I will ship this to you, this means extra shipping costs, which are 0-2 kg EUR 17,10 normal postage (TNT), with track & trace EUR 24,30 (TNT),
100 EUR = 157,30 Kiwi dollar

Gert

Last edited by eskatee; 02-19-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: wrong currency
Google Adsense