PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 10-02-2011, 06:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I used just the brown cardboard. Nothing fancy;-)
Old 10-06-2011, 09:25 AM

Update

Hello,

Today I present you the torpedo luncher. There will be a second one also but as photos shows it is still in a very early stage.

Jake
Attached Thumbnails
IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-82-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-81-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-84-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-85-.jpg  
Old 10-17-2011, 01:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 617.34 MB
This is great work! I continue to struggle with my AMAGIRI. I wondered if I should repaint the model, or was the print color the proper shade? I did get some "yard paint" from where it was built, but it did not match the printed model. (Not a complaint, but something I figured might happen-as I am re-scaling to 1/100) I purchased some grab irons, port holes and other brass fittings, they all need to be painted so looking at your results, I think I will go for a complete repaint as I build. I would like to keep some of the hull plaiting details, maybe I will ad paper sheeting. Thanks for the great tips!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:19 PM

Excellant
Old 10-21-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrog Phlyer View Post
I think I will go for a complete repaint as I build. I would like to keep some of the hull plaiting details, maybe I will ad paper sheeting. Thanks for the great tips!
I don't know what technique do you use for painting but, if I were you, I would paint everything because if you keep same details not painted the difference will be visible. I would use a spray-gun and a template. Then I would stick the template to the hull using a scotch tape (I would not press it too much) and spray a paint on it.

Jake
Google Adsense
Old 10-30-2011, 03:15 AM

Major update:-)

Hello,
I managed to build most major parts of my Nagatsuki. I have made all of the parts in summer when I was waiting for my spray-gun to work. Since then the hulls and main guns were waiting patiently in separate boxes each (that is why in a short time I managed to finish almost the entire model).

In the last four photos the main hull and the first funnel are not attached yet because I am still working on them.

Regards,
Jake
Attached Thumbnails
IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-87-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-88-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-89-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-90-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-91-.jpg  

IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-92-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-93-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-94-.jpg  
Old 10-30-2011, 05:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Beautiful work!

Don
Old 12-30-2011, 09:26 AM

Major update

Hello guys,

A major update for today. After a very long absence I present you almost finished the model.

First I present you the boats. I decided to imitate planks so the original boats were cut into small stripes and then assembled again.

There are also few shots of the bridge and the unpainted torpedo luncher.
Attached Thumbnails
IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-img3845j.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-img3844vy.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki115.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki98.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki108.jpg  

IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki99.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki100.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki101.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki103.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki104.jpg  

Old 12-30-2011, 09:37 AM

Major update 2

And now photos of my Nagatsuki. Beside the usual painting I added traces of rust. I also added two piles of wood for the ship's furnaces. Each boat has rows and tarpaulin added.

There are few parts left and, as you can notice, some of wire-cables are white (they will be painted grey - I am using a white elastic band to make ships rigging). Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-1-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-5-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-6-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-7-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-8-.jpg  

IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-9-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-10-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-13-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-14-.jpg   IJN Mutsuki (Answer)-nagatsuki-15-.jpg  

Old 12-30-2011, 01:23 PM

Hi
Kuba after our meeting in Gołąb Your Nagatsuki was updated. It looks like very impressive.
I am waiting for final gallery at that forum and Konradus.
Good job
Google Adsense