PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-17-2012, 08:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
The Lazarus Thread

When searching the archives for a build photo I wanted to use, I discovered that most of my build threads were victim of one of the various crash episodes the site has experienced over the years. After a search through the various backup drives cluttering up the place, I managed to find the original build photos. Since the group consisted of about 500 members at the time the threads were originally posted, I thought reposting the final photos in some of the strings might be of interest to some of the members. I make no apology for picture quality....they were taken over eight years and three camera upgrades ago.

First, the USS Blue. The model is a complete rework of the old Watkins kit. Scale is 1:250.

The Lazarus Thread-dscf0127a.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-dscf0128.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-dscf0129.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-dscf0130.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-dscf0131.jpg

Next is the Z-10. This model started life as a JSC kit. I enlarged it to 1:250 scale and designed an eggcrate frame for the model. Otherwise, the only redrawing done was to correct a couple of the parts to take care of some fit problems of the original kit.

The Lazarus Thread-z10-15.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-z10-16.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-z10-17.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-z10-18.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-z10-19.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-z10-24.jpg
Old 02-17-2012, 08:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
The last in the group is the USS Helena. This also started out as a JSC kit. I completely reengineered the kit to 1:250 scale....total redraw of the original.

The Lazarus Thread-dscf0132.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-dscf0134.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-dscf0133.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-dscf0135.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-helena-35.jpgThe Lazarus Thread-helena-40.jpg
Old 02-17-2012, 08:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Very nice to see these again. For a long time you used to use a Navy floatplane as your avatar, as I recall.

I like all of these fine models, but especially Helena and Blue, as i have a special fondness for WWII U.S. warships that were built in the Treaty Era.

Don