PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 03-12-2011, 11:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.95 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroxide View Post
Captain Silver???, Naw, I prefer to be a master Chief or maybe a C.O.B.

I have not tried aluminum foil yet but I have done the same technique with crumpled gift wrap tissue paper. But I may give it a try.

your order Sir
Old 03-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Small Boat

I have decided on the display base and it will be a dock. I used laminated cardstock but basswood from the hobby store can also be used and the same for the boardwalk which can be made with wooden coffee stirrer strips.
Attached Thumbnails
Small Boat Series-053.jpg   Small Boat Series-054.jpg   Small Boat Series-055.jpg   Small Boat Series-056.jpg   Small Boat Series-057.jpg  

Small Boat Series-058.jpg   Small Boat Series-059.jpg  
Old 03-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Eternal Member

Small Boat

There is so much left to do in the details department but it is worth it. I was going to do the boardwalk in laminated paper strips but I opted for real wood on top of the card stock frame work. There is a lot left to do like anchor points and cleats on the deck, ropes and handrails and maybe a couple of fishing poles and ice chest. I will let my imagination run wild and see what I come up with. Enjoy and see you all next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Small Boat Series-060.jpg   Small Boat Series-061.jpg   Small Boat Series-062.jpg   Small Boat Series-063.jpg  
Old 03-15-2011, 01:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is a wonderful thread, Pedro. Like watching actual small craft being built.

I am just now discovering this project and have only had time to skim through and look at the pictures. I look forward to leisurely future visits. Your build threads are always very much worth while with lots to see and lots to learn.

Don
Old 03-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
This is a wonderful thread, Pedro. Like watching actual small craft being built.

I am just now discovering this project and have only had time to skim through and look at the pictures. I look forward to leisurely future visits. Your build threads are always very much worth while with lots to see and lots to learn.

Don

Thanks for the comments Don. As usual, the majority of my builds are build threads with a few exceptions. This I do for the enjoyment of all. By the way, is the anniversary of Gettysburg the 150th this year? Any special event scheduled for this years re-enactments? Enjoy and see you all around the forums.
Google Adsense
Old 03-15-2011, 07:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Not to get off topic, but since you asked and others might be interested, the theme of Army Heritage Days at the Army History and Education Center is the American Civil War. Gil Benson is bringing a Monitor and other ACW models and I expect that Greg Perry will bring his Hunley for the Paper Modelers display (we are having a planning meeting on 2 April to discuss). If you can possibly get up here with your watercraft, horse-drawn vehicles, and artillery on 21 and/or 22 May 2011, it would be great. And, of course, the display will not be limited to ACW paper models. Although we like to have as much U.S. Army history represented as possible, the kajak and others of your superb models would be welcome.

The U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC)

Don
Old 03-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Eternal Member

Taking a break from my builds. I am in the New Jersey Shore area for the next couple of weeks and I do not have my materials handy for building and making updates.

Hello Don. I would like to make at least one Army Heritage day get together, but with the cost of fuel going up as well as the increase of the collateral items, it is difficult. This year I have to pay back to the IRS which is making me considered to stop working and collect next year my tax money. Do not forget to keep us updated on the events and dig up your old thread on it to keep it current. Enjoy and see you all around the forums.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Hope your enjoying the shore. If you were a little closer, I'd bring you some Pasteles, just made with fresh Sofrito! I have not commented much but am following you thread with great interest.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Hope your enjoying the shore. If you were a little closer, I'd bring you some Pasteles, just made with fresh Sofrito! I have not commented much but am following you thread with great interest.
Thanks for the offer. I had some back home. My former wife actually gave me some pasteles (without the poison added) We are actually still on speaking terms, after all, she is the mother of my children who are all grown up in their late 30's. I ams still in New Jersey but I may return to NC by the end of the month, and start up on the small boats projects as well as others.