PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 05-22-2008, 05:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Ships & Watercraft Plans

Hi,
If you are looking for plans to build that special model, try me - I have a huge private collection of unusual and obsolete plans and would welcome a trade off.

BigBenn
Google Adsense
Old 05-23-2008, 05:01 AM

Dear BigBenn,

My name is Sergey, I'm from Ukraine. I'm searching for citadel battleship "Italia" (pre-dreadnought) plans. Could you help me with this?
Old 05-23-2008, 06:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.56 MB
Have you got any plans of an East Indiaman from the mid to late 1700's? Dutch ship in particular.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
bigbenn

Do you have any ship's boats plans? I am particularly interested in the navy 27 foot whaler. Sometimes called a montague or 3-in-1 whaler.

Thanks ~ Douglas
Old 05-23-2008, 06:37 PM

Hi Douglas,
At the last count, I have a private collection of magazine sized plans: over 2,000 individual ships, over 2,000 plans of armour subjects, over 2,000 plans of aircraft and a large collection of maritime prints from BC to about 1980, in various scales for e.mail attachment trade.
I'm not an American and I don't live in America or UK/Europe, so I'm not sure which navy 27 foot whaler you are referring to. I know I have some plans of whalers, but I'm not sure where I will have put them in my directories.
Most paper kits of warships have ships boats, so I assume what you are looking for is something like that. Can you give me a country of origin and approximate date of building and I will see what I've got?
What have you got for trade?
[email protected]
BigBenn
Google Adsense
Old 05-23-2008, 07:04 PM

Hi Sergey,
I have a waterline scale plan of the Italia about 1887, it is 1 x A3 sheet and can be enlarged easily. Detail is good, but the plan is of the side view and overhead (birds eye) view only and will be hard to create a model from if you don't know what you are doing.
I also have similar plans for Piemointe & Vittorio Emanuele.
My reference CC4-682 to 685 when replying.
BigBenn@ fastmail.fm

Hi Bluenoser,
I catalog my plans by name and I search for specific plans by name. Off the cuff, I don't really know what sorts of ships I've got plans for. I ceased collecting plans about 20 years ago and I rely on my directories which I created then, to find plans from any of my collections now.
I have a separate collection of sailing ships plans which I never catalogued because there was not much interest then. I have Chapmans Architectura and plans also from Admiral Paris's works and heaps of other plans too to plough through, so names would help a lot......I would say, probably, that I have plans.....
Now I will trade plans to help modellers out, not for any practical personal use. My interests are to other things from the internet.
What magazine sized plans have you got for trade?
[email protected]

Hi B-Manic,
I've replied separately to you, but the above message also applies to you and reminds me.....
BigBenn
Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 PM

I have a large number of early DIY boater magazine type plans (200+). A former nieghbor was tossing them in the trash when I rescued them. They are 1:1 but would not be difficult to build models from. The collection includes everything from canoes and kayaks to sail boats, house boats, motor boats and some classic Chris Craft type runabouts.

The type of whaler I am interested in was in use by the RN and other Commonwealth Navys from about 1943 - 2000. This is the only plan I have been able to find. It is very small and blurry.
Attached Thumbnails
Ships & Watercraft Plans-parts2.jpg  

Last edited by B-Manic; 05-23-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Banned

Are these magazine scans or are you bartering/selling the actual plans or magazines?
Old 05-23-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Are these magazine scans or are you bartering/selling the actual plans or magazines?

What I have are mostly pages torn out of magazines from 1946 - 1952 or there about. There are a few complete magazines including a few popular mechanics. I am not sure I want to part with any of them though.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:19 PM

Hi,
What I have are plans photocopied from technical journals from 1850 to about 1920 and pages torn from magazines, usually from the ex Communist Block, I don't keep whole magazines, not much point when my only language is English. All cataloged of course.
I would like to barter one for one so it is a 2 way street for both of us
BigBenn
Google Adsense