PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-28-2011, 05:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Talking USS Monitor

Hi,

Here is the start on the USS Monitor that I made while following CT's EEEEEEggsellent tutorial! I have done some more work on it and will be posting some more pics soon!

Sincerely,
SoonMan (Wait I am Ironcladman)
Attached Thumbnails
USS Monitor-uss-monitor-iso-01.jpg  

PS If you like ironclads checkout this site: http://www.theuniversalfoundation.com/ironclad.html
Google Adsense
Old 04-28-2011, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Its good to see someone representing for the North, finally.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:28 PM

Talking Northerners Ewuuuu!

Hi,

Who said I was represenin! Ok, if I must I represent the Lolly Pop Kids!

But yeah, I noticed I have been a bit one sided on me veeessels! I am gonna do them all as soon as I clone some more hands! And we have to have something to stand up to the Southern Behemeth.....CSS Virginia! (or as them upitees called her the Merrimac!)

So many ironclads.....gotta make the time!

Nice Coat of Arms! Is that your official family coat? You one of them British Northeners!

During the war I was neutral!

Sincerely,
LollyPopMan (alias I am Ironcladman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post
Its good to see someone representing for the North, finally.

PS If you like ironclads checkout this site: http://www.theuniversalfoundation.com/ironclad.html
Old 04-29-2011, 06:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Yes it is part of the family coat of arms. The family's roots are deep in Ireland but given the motto 'Pro Dios et Rege' (For God and King) the loyalty is unquestioned.

I look forward to seeing more of those d@mn Yankee cheese platters. It is surprising how many ironclads were built given all the new technology they incorporated.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Banned

Yeah, I got one of those too. You couldn't get a cup of coffee with it. Our family used to sing to the queens and kings of Spain, whoop dee doo. We are only 2 generations in the America. I say I am Puerto Rican because of the cultural influence ( the food baby, LOVE it!!), but my grandmother on my Father's side dressed with the full length black lace fingerless gloves till she died at the age of 94.She taught us Flamenco dancing when very young. I'd through my back out now if I tried any of that. Her Spanish was extremely proper, and even when I was young, other Spanish kids in my church and neighborhood, (and till this day) said, and say, my Spanish was "funny". Not so much when I meet someone from Spain, even though the years of cultural influences make me what I am today, an American. I got it from both ends, still do.
Attached Thumbnails
USS Monitor-romero-spain.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-30-2011, 04:13 PM

Talking Cheeeesssse Please!

Hi,

There wasn't really alot of "new" technology, but rather like you said they incorporated it well and in mass numbers. If your side has greater resources then it all boils down to a war of attrition. The south never had a chance they didn't have the resources. It only took one battle between ironclads to realize the playing field was equal.....then it was back to hand to hand.....the last one standing wins!

Monitors are like.....Macs, they work real well but they not much flava to them and they don't have the resources of PCs. And.....they're cute!

Well, me family roots go all the way back to God. So me loyalties are in the motto "For God.....screw the king, country, and anyone who gets in the way! Freedom BaaaaaaaaBEEEEEE!" Me family has been servants of God and defenders of the people, from the beginning! Not that it means anything. We got a full set of Armorial Bearings, but they say we can't display them cause we wouldn't pay some kings along the way.....so we killed them.

I have a plan of a Passaic monitor I will be doing also, course I will be doing all of the different types of Union and Confederate ironclads as fast as I can.....! There juzzz fun!

Sincerely,
MacMan (alias Ironcladman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post
Yes it is part of the family coat of arms. The family's roots are deep in Ireland but given the motto 'Pro Dios et Rege' (For God and King) the loyalty is unquestioned.

I look forward to seeing more of those d@mn Yankee cheese platters. It is surprising how many ironclads were built given all the new technology they incorporated.