PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 07-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
I say this is not going to be a very fast build so many cuts for the formers I do have a bit done already and will start taking photos when there is something worth showing but have to say the photos of the build is very good that uhu has on the site. as you all say a photo tells more than a few words like cut out the red line that seems to be the main thing on it that i have seen the red line is where to cut out for the slots for the formers.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 36.94 MB
I to am starting this model. I did the translation and with the pics I can not wait to start. Still reviewing the pics and parts. Will be interested in seeing your bulid and comparing. Love uhu02's work.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifimodelfan View Post
I to am starting this model. I did the translation and with the pics I can not wait to start. Still reviewing the pics and parts. Will be interested in seeing your bulid and comparing. Love uhu02's work.
It looks good and the amount of times to cut for the formers takes some amount of time and care on the st a and b ones I found some of the ones that went to the main ones that go to the main rib very close to the next ones.
Attached Thumbnails
U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0673.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0674.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0675.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0676.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0677.jpg  

U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0678.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0680.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0681.jpg  
Old 07-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Eternal Member

A happy days work must say I got more done today than I thought possible but no point rushing anyway and making a big boob of it the main formers are done there are a good few more to do as well but first have to put in place the skins for this part before doing them so tommorow if the sun doesn't shine which is possible since we did in Ireland have the coldest July night on record of four degress a far cry from our American users on here are having right now. we are about twenty degress colder the last few days to some of you.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 312.3 KB
Excellent

I've also started building it. I usually like something easier, but I just gotta have it.
Google Adsense
Old 07-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Banned

I wouldn't be to shy about using some thing connector strips on some of those formers. They have to be spot on, the connector strips will give you some working room. I'd start from the inside out.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
I've also started building it. I usually like something easier, but I just gotta have it.
I know what you mean it just looks to good to not try and Zethos is right don't be afraid to use joining strips on the formers lots of ship builders do that anyway and the good thing is that if it is a little short the part it is going to be short of on these first skin parts is going to be covered anyway later on in most cases. do it seems to be perfect with my dry fit at the top and near where the belch tanks are. just about two millimeters to short at the bottom and i be putting joining strip down around there anyway
Old 07-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Banned

I would not bee to afraid of trimming the formers if you find that they don't meet at the bottom like that. with formers I usually cut on the line, or just inside. It always seems easier to add than take off. Opposite of my machinist training!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:10 AM
Eternal Member

Very happy so far and I figured out what I called the belch tanks are called saddle tanks. Where did i get the idea belch tanks anyway must have been the curry from that picnic basket So now I have to laminate parts for the saddle tanks which are done and wait for them to dry till then I think i go out and get some sun exposure oh that bright object in the sky which was absent for most of July has returned to ireland oh hold on its gone again and its starting to rain oh well i may as well get some rain maybe someone will be in a rush to shelter in the park and leave their picnic baskets don't tell park ranger
Attached Thumbnails
U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0682.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0683.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0684.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0685.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0686.jpg  

U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0687.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0688.jpg  
Old 07-23-2011, 01:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.33 MB
WOW nice work !
Google Adsense