PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 07-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Cycl0ne View Post
WOW nice work !
thanks it is turning out pretty well got a good lot to go yet but I reckon by say next friday it should be looking like a submarine at this rate.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Eternal Member

bit of an update, one thing when building you will notice that part 87 has the red line for cutting out toward the top I believe this should be where it is grey to go in the part it fits in. a little error but if you end up cutting it the way it is with the rest with the red line your going to be going hell Martin why you not tell me. there are a few little errors I have found but thats the one that can be a stumper as well as there is the case of part 78 that should be near the bow part but there is not cut out part on the peice for this to fit so i had to rethink a little and just cut it in half to glue in place.

I am trying to think can i get away with not using the formers inside the saddle tank but i have the feeling i can't now as my little non stick experiment didn't look right.
Attached Thumbnails
U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0689.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0691.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0692.jpg  

Last edited by doctormax; 07-24-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Eternal Member

update, saddle tanks in place. now onto the next parts judgining by the way Uhu done this its the formers for the deck now to do and for the back and then a few other bits like that then its skin time mind i did a bit of the skin for the bow already while the saddle tank was drying. i know could have went cuttng them parts out for the formers for the deck but giving my eyes a rest form the reading glasses for them small cuts.
Attached Thumbnails
U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0693.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0694.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0695.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0696.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0697.jpg  

Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Eternal Member

lots of the cuts on the rib and the spine on the formers for the top for the deck are rather small and i they are giving me a headache with breaking and stuff so i am thinking will i just put the ones that are fine in place which i have done and then glue the ribs to the part of the hull and have it rest on them while they set then it should work but if not it means i have a major problem. but alas i think they will work that way anyway so as long as i keep them ribs in order of size and glue carefully they should be fine without that spine they are after all going to be covered anway later on.
Attached Thumbnails
U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0698.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0699.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0700.jpg  
Old 07-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Eternal Member

ok after have lots of the parts for the formers with the red to cut then when you spend hours cutting out some parts and think your ready what do you find in his photo his got one part where he has that you cut out what is the grey part so make sure when you are doing part 136r and l i think i got one printed already from when trying to print with the old printer that had the colour off so have to laminate again should have looked at that picture before spending all that time cutting out i suppose
Google Adsense
Old 07-27-2011, 05:13 AM
Eternal Member

update well i thought it be better to put the deck on before the hull on the side and i know going to have a bit of touch up to do when finished but it should work out better i hopw
Attached Thumbnails
U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0701.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0702.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0703.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0704.jpg   U-96 build Das Boot uhu02 build-gedc0705.jpg  

Old 07-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Eternal Member

most of the deck now in place got formers for the back now to get working on which look tricky really i notice that round tube thing is important for the look later on but its a pain in the derry air having to cut out a circle of a few mm to go around that little thing in some of these formers
Old 07-28-2011, 05:45 AM
Eternal Member

I believe i can say I am about a third the way through the build and now i am thinking of scrapping it. some problems really red mark to cut out then on others red do not cut out cut out but cut out the grey. then red mark for where to glue part to but don't cut out. So when your planning ahead and think oh great red line i have to cut that out hold on it may not be. so really what am I learning on this build what you think is the norm for building as it was for half the build till then is not likely to be the case for some and then were back to oh yes the red needs to be cut not the grey. I know i sound like i am annoyed not at all just feel that priniting out parts because someone has changed their colour system back and forth is a daft. rant over. now back to the building after my lunch
Old 07-28-2011, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Best of luck overcoming the difficulties. I know you can do it and your observations will help many others attempting this model.
Chris
Old 07-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwalas View Post
Best of luck overcoming the difficulties. I know you can do it and your observations will help many others attempting this model.
Chris
as an actor said of Hitchcock and his changing and rewritten of scenes "I am overcoming the problems, but he keeps throwing another blonde in front of me

I think it be easier to do the formers on the top for the deck before you do the saddle tanks. another thing that would be a good idea be to mark where to put these using the ribs for the top. Then we come to the next problem part the stern formers 136r and l make sure to cut the red parts and wait there is another problem its got a place marked for cutting to fit part 124 r and l but the problem is that should be where part 125 r and l go and then there is nowhere marked to cut for part 124 r and la and 126 r and l. so i think best thing to do is when you got 126 in place and set and 124 mark where they are and cut out the slit for them on part 136.
Google Adsense