PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-31-2010, 01:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Another fine build Barry. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one mate.

Cheers
Jim
Old 01-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Hull stiffeners

Thanks for the encouragement Don, Carl, Zathros, Papercut and Jim

I have only added the stiffeners to the hull the weather here is depressing so not much gets done in a hurry. I cut the slots a little bit oversize too tight a fit makes the damn things jam up when inserting. Again it was more or less a perfect fit. I am pretty convinced that changing to dealing with the parts exactly as printed out by Pepakura stops all of the creep in size as opposed to joining all the sections together for painting then cutting them apart again.

It could be awkward when painting carrier decks still, especially those with angled flight deck markings.

This will not be a full build but will be married to the current superstructure with a few size mods.
Attached Thumbnails
Richelieu-p1050037.jpg  

Old 01-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
All your work is outstanding, Barry, but that may just be the most perfectly dress-right-dress straight and true hull frame you have produced so far. It certainly is a treat for the eyes.

Don
Old 01-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Eternal Member

Thanks Don I am glad you like it. It does fit pretty well.

Only the forward deck is glued down I am too tired to do any more. It would be much better if I could use a straight edge and a knife but I am fairly lethal trying to hold the edge down and keep the knife cutting true . Cuts and warferin don't go together plus the blood ruins the part. However it is a better hull than the previous 2 so far. Lastly a quick build of the bridge, good job it was not stuck down on the last build.
Attached Thumbnails
Richelieu-p1050039.jpg   Richelieu-p1050040.jpg   Richelieu-p1050041.jpg  

Old 01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Banned

My Spinal Cord injury makes it difficult for me, I must be very careful with X-acto blades or the like, as most of my injury is in my neck, affecting my hands. It is too easy to slip up and much easier to bleed.

If you want your dream to be,

Build it slow and surely.

Small beginnings greater ends.

Heartfelt work grows purely.

If you want to live life free,

Take your time go slowly.

Do few things but do them well.

Simple joys are holy.

Day by day, stone by stone,

Build your secret slowly.

Day by day, you'll grow, too,

You'll know heaven's glory.

Lyrics by Donovan, from the move, "Brother Sun, Sister Moon" about the young St. Francis of Assisi.
Google Adsense
Old 01-06-2011, 03:09 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Hi Barry,
I had to go back to figure out what changed here. Now I realize you are rebuilding the hull. You are a brave man. I could not attempt it. But of course, your effort looks fine.
Mike
Old 01-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Eternal Member

Off the board

Finally off the building plank. I thought I had crunched her tonight I put too much pressure on the bow and split it away luckily I had not gliued the fish plate in so I was able to get it all back together.

A good bit of news(for me anyway) the docs finally signed me off on my heart trouble it's back in tolerance again so I am pretty happy about that, now all I have to do is defeat the government in trying to take away chunks of my old age pensions. Let the damn bankers pay for the mess they made. For the first time in my life I shall be available for street demonstrations provided of course they are within 2 miles of home and the weather is clement

Thanks Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Richelieu-p1050042.jpg   Richelieu-p1050043.jpg   Richelieu-p1050044.jpg   Richelieu-p1050045.jpg  

Old 01-11-2011, 08:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Missed the last post, Barry, but caught up.

I'm with you on the street demos but there is not much here in Salem except some sad "the world is ending" folks but I don't know that they are really too wrong.

Keep going, man. You know I love this ship and appreciate any and all work you do to make her right.

Carl
Old 01-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

I can sympathize with you Barry. I ability to recieve disability because I wanted to try to keep working. I went into a government program and went to school for electronics. I tried it for 2 years and finally had to stop as I was losing use of my extremities and needed major spinal reconstruction. The government changed the rules, and I was "booted" from disability. I paid into the system for over 30 years and got nothing. I could be bitter, but I look around and see people worse4 off than I am, so that's that. I am very happy about your heart condition. My younger sister has Primary Pulmonary Hypertension and was given 2 years to live, 14 years ago!! So hang in there.

I can sympathize when you damage a structure by excessive force, or improper handling. It gets me in the gut. I think that all modelers go through it. You back on track, that's obvious from the pictures.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:36 PM

Barry,

Gladto hear your health's improving. Keep plugging away at Richelieu. One of these years, I will restart my build of that ship.
Google Adsense