PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 09-05-2014, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Paddle Steamer

We've just returned from a holiday on Lake Geneva and spent part of the holiday in the Paddle Steamers - a bit disappointed that they are run by diesel electric - but the designs are great.

So, my question is - Does anyone know of a kit of any these boats. I know that S&S have two paddle steamers, but I'm looking for the Lake Geneva variant.

Thants

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 09-05-2014, 04:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Close enough?

dolfmeister - paper models
Old 09-05-2014, 07:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Mike:
VK beat me to finding the swiss paddle boat. There is the Mississippi River boat on the Disney paper model site also.
Good luck on the search,
Miles
Old 09-05-2014, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.50 MB
Dan has some on his website. I've been meaning to order them for a while. They look good.

Home
Old 09-05-2014, 08:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
DRAFT MODELS do an australian rear mounted paddle river steamer also
Google Adsense
Old 09-06-2014, 02:35 PM

Thanks to all for your answers especially VK.

I've downloaded the kit and will add it to my to do list. I generally like to make models that I find on holidays - the paddlesteamer being a good example. Trouble is being retired and not much to do, my wife and I go on holiday - I only bough 3 kits - all Swiss castles we visited. We were luck at one of the castles, they were holding a lute making workshop. Some of their work was amazing - we spent as much time talking to the participants as we did looking at the castle.

The company maintaining the Lake Geneva paddle steamers are looking for donations to re-build two more ships I understand they will soon be using paypal, so I can "pay" for the kit.

Thanks again

Mike
Old 09-06-2014, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 142.36 MB
Lake Geneva paddle steamers

I've been living in La Tour-de-Peilz on Lake Geneva for the last 8 months and also looking for kits for these same paddle steamers.

I've thought about trying to modify the *RIGI*, but lately have decided to try and create new designs for the "Belle Epoque" fleet. This would be the first time I've created a plan, but I've made a couple ships and have a pretty good idea of what would be necessary. I'll let you know if I get around to making these so you can test my design.

Edit: Wanted to mention that after some extensive searching over the last few months, I think it can be can safely said that there are no kits in existence for these steamers on the web.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
mondorfer-bastelboegen has a couple of european paddle boats, a ferry and tourist ship.
Digital Navy has a Missouri River stern wheeler for sale.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:50 AM

Thanks again for all your help.

You have chosen a good place to live - although it's quite an expensive country to live in.

We spent our holiday in ... Vevey - who knows - we may have passed each other in the shops!!

Good luck with the design project.

John, thanks for the link, I'm looking for aa kit closer to the ships we traveled in. I'm thinking of visiting Lucerne next year the transport museum looks interesting - I like their idea of having a regular 60's+ day!

I'll keep the link - they have some other kits that look interesting..
Cheers
Mike
Old 10-25-2014, 10:36 AM

Thank you all again for your help looking for a ship. I had a feeling that somewhere I had a kit of a paddle steamer. Some years ago I built the Kit of the waterfront in Gdansk and at the time, bought a couple of ships.

I found the kit and when looking into the background of the ship, found it couldn't be further from what I wanted! This particular ship sailed the Danube between Linz and Passau and sadly was taken out of service in 1970.

Anyway, I had my fingers "ship shape" so "steamed ahead" with the kit ;-)

It looks quite an old kit from Schreiber, but was quite easy to put together and made a change from all the straight lines of buildings. There are only two change from the kit and they are the flags at each end and I opened up the "air intakes". I used the original masts but made new "ropes" from cotton and glue then bent them to give a better idea of movement to the flags.

Despite being the wrong ship, I enjoyed making it and it will sort of remind me of our holiday.

Cheers

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Paddle Steamer-img_1689.jpg   Paddle Steamer-img_1690.jpg   Paddle Steamer-img_1691.jpg   Paddle Steamer-img_1692.jpg  
Google Adsense