PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 11-26-2016, 12:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
jaw dropping ,gob smacking allsome build
Old 11-26-2016, 02:57 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
I'm not sure there is any string of words that I could add or make any kind of description. This is on a scale I can't even start to calculate. What a over the top of top fantastic model. This is the kind of model someone would have started as a boy and just now finishing at the age of 198 years old. Hell of a great job. Thank you for allowing us to tag along with you. wc
Old 11-26-2016, 03:23 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Congratulations David.
Impressive. That beautiful cage-work at the top of the superstructure was done expertly. Also, I must add, the idea of lowering the truck into the hold is a great touch.
This one deserves a place of honor in your home (if you can find room for it).
Bravo!
Mike
Old 11-26-2016, 04:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Richschindler, rifleman, Wad cutter, Mike. Thanks, Mike I made up a shelf to put it on in the dining room, here's a pic of it in pride of place unfortunately pictures a bit out of focus the lorrie decided to be front heavy.

Old 11-27-2016, 01:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 205.96 MB
I just happened across your thread and your work is absolutely stunning!! Thank you for sharing with us.
Google Adsense
Old 12-02-2016, 03:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 151.02 MB
It took a while to type. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. This is amazing. I'm sure it is a great kit to start with, but it took skill to turn it into what you ended up with. Beautiful work. And I'm sure there are probably only two or three other completed kits out there. Congrats and the great work.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
That is an incredible and plain outstanding model, Sir!! Quite a task, detailed and quite masterfully built..you are rightfully proud!

Thank you for sharing so many wonderful photos and updates with all of us, it is truly appreciated!!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 12-04-2016, 03:21 PM

Thanks Doug, Creosotewind, Jimkrauzlis. glad you ejoyed it.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:25 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Ok now, after seeing your totally amazing work on this ship I went brain dead. Yes, I found one on eBay and I am now the proud owner of a complete sd14 kit. Have not gotten it yet as the auction was just over. I'm already planning for it.
I will of course make a copy and build it, then put the original on the shelf. It comes with everything that was packaged way back when, tools, even a letter to the person that bought it originally from the designer himself.
Now I need to go back and download every one of your photos throughout the build process. I'll need as much help as I can when I get around to building this monster.
I'll be retiring next February so I have an idea of what may just keep me busy for some time to come.
I want to thank you, and curse you all at the same time. LOL
Don't be looking to see my build anytime soon though, and after seeing how yours came out, you probably never will. I can't compete with a master.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:34 PM

Richschindler good for you marcle models sell blank sheets of the manila card it is printed on . and you will need to get the laser cut railings links are on the first page of the tread.

Google Adsense