Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-16-2012, 02:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe711 View Post
Accurate, spectacular work!
I look forward to the sequel!
Joe
Me too! Excellent work, quite an impressive build!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 02-26-2012, 03:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
thanks Joe and Jim.
bit of a break in posting build progress but had been sorting out a new laptop and getting the voice recognition program to work properly

First three photos are various views showing the shelter deck transverse beams in place and the start of the hull frames being put in place starting from just in front of where the foredeck starts. The fourth is of the bow seen from the side and with frames in on the bow you can start to see the shape of the hull. With the fifth showing the start of the shelter deck deck plates going down.
Attached Thumbnails
SD 14 cargo ship-small41.jpg   SD 14 cargo ship-small42.jpg   SD 14 cargo ship-small43.jpg   SD 14 cargo ship-small44.jpg   SD 14 cargo ship-small45.jpg  

Old 02-26-2012, 03:16 PM

The first picture bow section shelter deck is completed and the pontoon hatch covers been made and are in place.The second is off the shelter deck plating around number four hatch and the engineering room.The third the midships shelter deck plating with two small watertight hatch covers of number threehold to the sides of hatch openings on their runners and all the frames in place.Next looking at the forward number one hold bulkhead. In the background you can make out the aft number two hold bulkhead and nicely illustrates the rise in height of the forward end of the ship to allow the bow to clear the sees better.Finally there is no fixed number three shelter deck hold although the centreline plate is fixed in position to allow a temporary bulkhead to be put in place if on the third hold is needed otherwise is just a big member to hold.
Attached Thumbnails
SD 14 cargo ship-small46.jpg   SD 14 cargo ship-small47.jpg   SD 14 cargo ship-small48.jpg   SD 14 cargo ship-small49.jpg   SD 14 cargo ship-small50.jpg  

Old 02-26-2012, 03:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
Every beginning of the SD 14 is a formidable challenge; you are on the right way ...

With lovely greetings
the Wilfried
Old 03-01-2012, 07:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Thank you for posting the updates and more photos...this is an incredible model project, and you are doing a superb job!

Looking forward to seeing more as you go along!

Cheers!
Jim
Google Adsense
Old 03-02-2012, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Great looking build. I love the hint about the coils. Looking forward to the completed vessel

Marco
Currently Building: RN Zara 1:400
Old 03-03-2012, 06:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I was going to get one.I have been sidetracked to build a model for thr SAVE the OLYMPIA movement .She,s rare and historical , and in BIG trouble .I will definitely try one later,that is if ya,ll don,t buy them all up first ! HE.HE. papersurprise50
Old 03-03-2012, 07:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.87 MB
Send a message via MSN to tomorrow
Very Very Crazy! But I love it! Cost me how much money then I can get it? I am from tianjin , China
Old 03-06-2012, 03:20 PM

http://www.marcle.co.uk it costs about £280 oversee orders £310 for the complete model the individual sections forward midships and after each cost £105 overseas £120 the scale is 1:70 and is about 7 feet in length. link for the railings is http://zeistbouwplaten.nl
Old 03-25-2012, 02:06 PM

shelter deck watertight bulkhead looking forward from the engine room.
looking forward from the stern with the top deck longitudinal and transverse box girders in place you can just see the ribs for the sides of number five hold in the bottom of the hold, I chickened out fitting these until I put in the deck beams as their is no shelter deck in number five hold and so it was hard to correctly locate the ribs.
an oblique view of the same from the bow's
the fitting out of the engineering flats with the provision stores on the starboard side and on the port side engineers and electricians workshops.note the rather large empty space where an engine would sit.
back to the bows and fitting of the longitudinal deck beams.
bit of a bad blurry picture of the Stern again longitudinal deck beams and transverse beams between the steering flat and the counter I think is a rope store is in their.
Google Adsense