PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-16-2016, 04:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 102.95 MB
Noah's Ark 1/600

Hi all, Here is Noah's Ark in 1/600 scale. It is by CT Ertz and is available in the downloads section. It is a very nice little kit. The parts fit extremely well. I tried to make this a couple of years ago as my first paper model. It didn't come out too well as I was using superglue and trying to edge glue the parts so I ended up with a mess. A couple of years later and with the skills I have picked up in the mean time it was a breeze.
This time I left some extra space around the parts to form tabs. It has a frame but I made the hull first and then added the frames. It could have managed without them, but they do make it stronger for handling.
It was printed on card on an inkjet printer. It looked awesome in black, but as the grain of the wood didn't come out on my printer, it looked a bit like a submarine. I re-printed on the laser printer at work on copy paper and glued that over the hull. It looks a bit shiny but I am very pleased with the result.
And I am pleased to finally finish a model.
It is 0.48 cubits long, which equals 22cm or 8.6 inches.
This would be an excellent "get out of a modelling rut" model for anyone in such a rut. It is a quick and enjoyable build

Robert
Attached Thumbnails
Noah's Ark 1/600-img_2141.jpg   Noah's Ark 1/600-img_2138.jpg   Noah's Ark 1/600-img_2140.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-16-2016, 07:08 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Quote:
It is 0.48 cubits long
That's pretty humorous in a biblical sort of way. The model came out very good. Even the simplest kits need to built with care and precision, and you've obviously done that.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Now that would be a great Sunday School prop. Nicely done. I like it!

Tags
model, parts, printer, paper, hull, looked, bit, noahs, time, pleased, 1/600, rut, ark, years, make, couple, submarine, work, wood, laser, re-printed, awesome, inkjet, robert, card