PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 11-30-2011, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Want to hire model builder

I am looking to hire someone to build a number of paper models ships for my collection. I will supply the ships and would like to see them built in a fairly timely manner, the faster you get them done the more work I can give you. These are strictly for my own personal collection. I am willing to put half of the money up front provided I can see examples of your work first. My interests are in World War 2 ships ranging in scale from 1/400 to 1/200 only at this point. Please email me what you would charge and how to contact you.

Thanks

Thomas
Google Adsense
Old 11-30-2011, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Interesting post. If only my skill level was good enough.

I should think postage charges will be impressive. Can't exactly put them in a Jiffy bag.

Tim
Old 11-30-2011, 04:37 PM

Same here. Thomas, why not introduce yourself before instantly making this post?
Old 11-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Banned

A 1/200 scale WW2 ship, depending on this ship, I could easily see $600 to $1000 dollars depending on the ship.

A ship like Lilla Weneda, (at 200 percent of her original size, as an example)with the comparable detail she has, I wouldn't do for less than $1000.

Something like Michael Mash's build of Goldenbear's R.F. Iena, well, that could easily be a couple of thousand, and I doubt he'd sell it for that, I mean he might, you'd have to ask. I wouldn't part with a family heirloom like that.

Your best bet, may be to ask for models that are already built. Maybe after a year or so of looking at them, someone may feel content to accept money. Just thinking out loud.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:41 PM

Or the even better option: build them yourself! There are planty of tutorials around here to help you.
Google Adsense
Old 11-30-2011, 05:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I am looking to hire someone to build a number of paper models ships for my collection. I will supply the ships and would like to see them built in a fairly timely manner, the faster you get them done the more work I can give you. These are strictly for my own personal collection. I am willing to put half of the money up front provided I can see examples of your work first. My interests are in World War 2 ships ranging in scale from 1/400 to 1/200 only at this point. Please email me what you would charge and how to contact you.

Thanks

Thomas
What ships would you like to have built, and at what level? Do you want them to be all out detailed with railings and so on, or just built straight from the kits?

[email protected]
Old 11-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by APA-168 View Post
What ships would you like to have built, and at what level? Do you want them to be all out detailed with railings and so on, or just built straight from the kits?
I wold have to say that if you an get APA-168 (Avery) signed up, he's your man, for sure. He is the best!! A man of his word.

@Avery, Whack him big time!! Someone has to pay for your Sabbatical!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:15 PM

Hire a model builder - update

I am a big collector of military models, specializing in miniatures, mostly metal and plastic model kits. I am very good at what I build based on the fact that I have a great group of people who like to purchase my stuff. I have tried to do the paper models before, and they sucked. My talent is NOT in building paper models. However, I have always loved them and what great diversity in scales, color schemes and so on. I make a comfortable living and really enjoy the fact that my wife and kids indulge my collection appearing all throughout the house. One of my pride and joys is a 1/144 Japanese carrier that I built and took me over a year to finish. With my regular work, my model and miniature building for collectors, I just don't have the time to really learn and master the art of paper model building. That is why I am looking for others to build for me, I can afford to pay them a fair price, they get to make some money for their hobbies like I do, and I get to expand my collection. I am nearing 50 and we don't have longevity in our genes, so I want what I want, now.

More specifics on what I am looking for.

Basic builds, just put the kit together the way it says to.

I have a number of ways to ship them, but doing it domestically would be best.

I am in Madison, Wisconsin.

I am not looking to pay so much to change your tax bracket, but I will do what is fair.

Hope this gives you all a little better idea of what I hope for.

Thanks

Thomas
Old 11-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Eternal Member

Thumbs up

Vote me with Zathros.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Your best bet, may be to ask for models that are already built. Maybe after a year or so of looking at them, someone may feel content to accept money.
Take a look at my HMAS Vendetta (link below), it took me nearly 4 years to build, it's a collectors item, as far as I know only 2 were ever built and it was never released as a kit. It holds a great deal of sentimental value, for a number of reasons.

It can be yours for $250,000. (Australian Dollars as long as it's worth more than the US)

Oh, you will also have to pay for shipping.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Google Adsense