PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-16-2011, 10:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashevilleangler View Post
I have sent pictures of my completed V-108 to Mr. Thomas via email and have had no response to that or my PM to him. Has anyone else heard from him lately?

Curt
Offered to sell him my Uboat VII and had no response. Told him to make me an offer in PM. Oh well Santa Claus is dead.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:07 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
New Word for the Vocabulary...,

Gullible...,

No offense to those of who responded. There's a great many collectors of personal information in the networld. Be careful what you hand out...,

+Gil
Old 12-17-2011, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
How much is your paper model worth, it's an interesting question. I don't know why, but I don't think we can extrapolate labor hours and conclude it can't be sold for less than thousands of dollars. It's a labor of love?

There are people who put hundreds of hours into an old bike, but in the end, all they can sell it for is what those bikes go for, not a penny more. I once knew a guy with a backroom chock full of card models. He did not have half a million bucks sitting back there.

Then there is the starting price of the kit, which most cases is under $25. So you can have one for that much - you just add your own time. I guess they are worth what people are willing to sell them for. So if someone will start offloading for ten bucks, that really dilutes the worth.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Eternal Member

One major point no one seems to have thought on this is, should you include your card models in your home contents insurance package. this came up with my landlord last year after my bit of a flood and some card model kits were destroyed ended up that hobby items only electrical units so really if my laptop got damaged that would be part of the insurance claim but if i had a thousand euro's worth of unbuilt kits not more than soggy paper they are not covered
Old 12-17-2011, 02:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Gullible...,

No offense to those of who responded. There's a great many collectors of personal information in the networld. Be careful what you hand out...,

+Gil
No offense taken Gil but I don't understand the point. The gentleman is disappeared. The information provided is no more. than a response on this forum that the whole world can see. If he is from Nigeria and asks for banking and credit card info one can always decline. People who choose to respond to a buyer are not gullible. Only careless people could fit that definition.
Google Adsense
Old 12-18-2011, 09:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.25 MB
I also gave him a price quote for 2 ironclads Columbia and a 1/150 scale Palmetto State with no response. Funny his writing didn't strike me as being from Nigeria. No salutation like "Greetings and most effusive praise ,Oh great white glue covered gentleman" LOL

Vernon
Old 12-18-2011, 09:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Well I can personally attest that he does exist and is who he says he is, but I'm not entirely sure why he's not responding. Lack of response may indicate a lack of interest in the what is being offered.

[email protected]
Old 12-18-2011, 10:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Avery, Are you the person he has contracted to build models?

Curt
Old 12-18-2011, 11:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Hi Curt, yep that'd be me. I believe that there is some legitimate reason for why he hasn't replied yet. I last heard from him a little bit more than a week ago but haven't tried contacting him since. I was going to send him an e-mail update tomorrow.

[email protected]
Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Banned

Strange, but it is the Holidays. Avery, still got the Brass ,manual bilge pump for you. Don't take any wooden nickel's.
Google Adsense