PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-17-2011, 07:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
QUESTION : Are you going to try to do any of ALASKA SEAFOOD,S ships later ? I had a friend who sailed on the ALASKA OCEAN (POLLOCK PROCESSING SHIPS .) SHE was 347.5 feet long
Old 12-17-2011, 07:31 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Very nice job. I have enjoyed the show for many seasons, and have wished for these for almost as long.

Thank you for taking this project on to completion!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 12-17-2011, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 24.89 MB
Inky, when you get to doing the Wizard, send me a private note. I found the US Coast Guard Survey for the vessel on-line and saved a copy. It has since been taken down, so I'd never put it on-line, but I'll forward it to you for your use. It contains useful information, such as the dimensions of the masts, full interior layout, etc.... I was planning to do the Wizard myself but am unlikely to have the time anytime soon.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Quote:
Originally Posted by papersurprise50 View Post
QUESTION : Are you going to try to do any of ALASKA SEAFOOD,S ships later ? I had a friend who sailed on the ALASKA OCEAN (POLLOCK PROCESSING SHIPS .) SHE was 347.5 feet long
I hadn't planned on it but sounds like a fun project, I will look for that vessel and see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitzFan View Post
Inky, when you get to doing the Wizard, send me a private note. I found the US Coast Guard Survey for the vessel on-line and saved a copy. It has since been taken down, so I'd never put it on-line, but I'll forward it to you for your use. It contains useful information, such as the dimensions of the masts, full interior layout, etc.... I was planning to do the Wizard myself but am unlikely to have the time anytime soon.
WOW that sounds great, thank you.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 46.38 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
I am designing it all from screen-caps.
Very impressive!
Google Adsense
Old 12-18-2011, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 107.05 MB
Send a message via MSN to bf109
i,m impressed aswell ! great job
Old 12-19-2011, 06:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I don,t know how you would do it , BUT , I would like to build all those boats too .Is there a way you can put up the layout pictures so I can print them OR when you get ready catch me on E-MAIL and print them up .I will see to it you get a fair price .That is awesome !! P.S. I understand some of the older boats were converted from WW2 era bouytenders ? papersurprise50
Old 12-19-2011, 07:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 24.89 MB
Quote:
P.S. I understand some of the older boats were converted from WW2 era bouytenders ? papersurprise50
At least one, the F/v Wizard was converted from a WW2 US Navy Yard Oiler. These were small oil tankers that generally carried just enough oil to fully fuel a capital warship. With a tiny crew, they were rated as self-propelled barges and were only used to refuel in-port, never under-weigh, and so it's a considerable surprise to find one being used on the Bearing Sea. She was never designed to handle such extreme weather, but obviously her builders built her well.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Here is a little more work done to the Cornelia Marie, it is real close to being done. Still need to do the railing and the lights on the front mast and a few little nit picking things. I have done some pots for it also but hadn't cut them yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0024.jpg   Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0025.jpg   Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0026.jpg   Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0027.jpg   Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0028.jpg  

Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0029.jpg   Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0030.jpg   Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0031.jpg   Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0032.jpg   Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0033.jpg  

Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0034.jpg   Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0036.jpg   Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0037.jpg   Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0038.jpg   Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0039.jpg  

Deadliest Catch - Cornelia Marie-dsc_0041.jpg  
Old 12-19-2011, 09:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
Nice job inky
Google Adsense