PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-30-2011, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Fitting out

Ahoy

Glen aand Wadek

Thanks for your replies I agree the other vents are just as good. After looking at her underway on the display board I been gettinbg second thought about redoing the vents I will take the page out of the booklet that has all of the vents and have them scanned and leave them unpainted just color in the red. I didn,t use much glue so there is no problem of takeing them off without ripping some paper off. I use only a small dab from a toothpick so no sweat I will do these over again and leave well enough alone. Here is a update of the guy wires on the funnels. Next update will be later this evening I got to go to the printers and have the ventilators copied so I can make on last change. thanks for the replies fellas.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0008.jpg   Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0009.jpg   Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0010.jpg  
Old 12-30-2011, 01:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 128.43 MB
Fast build,a beautiful boat!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Looks great boats!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wonderfull work!

Marco
Currently Building: RN Zara 1:400
Old 12-30-2011, 08:13 PM

Redoing the Ventilators

Ahoy
I made my final and best deicission to go ahead redo the ventilators I am not a happy camper with all that needless work handcarving the ventilators that look okay. but not justice to the Mauretania. I went ahead and took the sheet from my kit and had it blown up to 1/250 scale atr my printers and i am doing it over I want to do a good job been building aircraft so long I forgot how to build a ship. so here is the update of the redoing of the ventilators.

Also thank you everyone for your replies on my Maurey, I am far from being done so i will slow down a tad I am not going anywhere.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0020.jpg  
Old 12-30-2011, 09:35 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Ahoy
I made my final and best deicission to go ahead redo the ventilators I am not a happy camper with all that needless work handcarving the ventilators that look okay. but not justice to the Mauretania. I went ahead and took the sheet from my kit and had it blown up to 1/250 scale atr my printers and i am doing it over I want to do a good job been building aircraft so long I forgot how to build a ship. so here is the update of the redoing of the ventilators.

Also thank you everyone for your replies on my Maurey, I am far from being done so i will slow down a tad I am not going anywhere.

Boats
Ahoy
Here is the last update for the night just finished redoing the 9 Ventilators on the port side they look hell of alot better got to keep it kosher.

boats
Attached Thumbnails
Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0021.jpg   Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0022.jpg   Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0023.jpg  
Old 12-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Hey there Skipper - you certainly got this in full swing i don't know how you do it, but hey..... you do it "BOATS WAY" no-matter what you do with those ventilators they will still look the way they do, they spoil this beautiful ship in real life and in all models of her, be it card or plastic. The designers thoughts were way off the mark, and there are better solutions to this than these awful things - they could of made them sleeker and prettier than they did for sure.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Hey there Skipper - you certainly got this in full swing i don't know how you do it, but hey..... you do it "BOATS WAY" no-matter what you do with those ventilators they will still look the way they do, they spoil this beautiful ship in real life and in all models of her, be it card or plastic. The designers thoughts were way off the mark, and there are better solutions to this than these awful things - they could of made them sleeker and prettier than they did for sure.

Ahoy Grandson Peter
Thank you for your always wonderfull replies. I got the kit up to snuff now, I should in the first place left those ventilators alone instead of trying to make them better then what the kit had offered. they look better although this is a card kit so its made from paper that the art of shipbuilding in card format. I should have her done by this monday. Although its New years eve i cant find anything better to do then to turn two on my Mauretania then going out and getting stinko drunk. I got a huge bottle of jap sake and a case of beer on lock down after I get the last update for thye night My first mate rutghie and i will play some cards and have a couple cocktails, I hope you and chez have a very very good newyears and lets pray to god that the next year will bring piece to Humanity. thank you grandson for the reply Happy New year.

Granddad boats
Attached Thumbnails
Rms mauretania 1/250-potw1042.jpg  
Old 12-31-2011, 10:37 PM

Fitting out continued

Ahoy
HAPPY NEW YEAR FELLAS.

Okay here is the update for the night, Been redoing these ventilators again this time its the way it suppose to be being my own worst crittic I wasn,t a happy camper to those ventilators i made up it was a waste of time time that could have been spent on the Mauretania. I went to my printers and had a whole new sheet of ventilators printed out and took the the other vents off. no damage to the deck when these were removed lucky for me. As of now they look pretty sharp and its kosher now and its made from paper. the ones I took off I threw them in my parts box for future builds like a tanker ot freighter. the fillting out of the port and staboard side is completed all thats left is the other 8 lifeboats, davit, 8 ventiliators poop deck details, mainmast, rigging and the second class rear suiper structure and the coloring of the sea for display of being underway across the Atlantic. then I will start another build.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0001.jpg   Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0002.jpg   Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0003.jpg   Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0004.jpg   Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0005.jpg  

Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0006.jpg  
Old 12-31-2011, 11:26 PM

Seascape

Ahoy
I went ahead and airbrushed my mix of seablue on the display wnen I finish the Mauretania I will go ahead and airbrush whit wakes and tone iot down with sea green, this will spice up thye build still have lots to do on the greyhound of the seas.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0007.jpg   Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0008.jpg   Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0009.jpg   Rms mauretania 1/250-pict0010.jpg