PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-15-2012, 04:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250

Ahoy
This one needs to be finished up iut wont take long on this one i will have her done in a couple good days then I will start on thwe Wilhelmshaven U.S.S. SAN FRANSISCO. This is my first wilhelmshaven kit although I have built hundreds od card models. I boarded the Queen Mary in longbeach durring my stay in the Navy I bought this one and the S.S. UNITED STATES aong with my now finished U.S.S. INDIANAPOLIS . I just got done dusting her off i forgot i had this little fellas but i wanted to finish her up. the kit is one of Wilhelmshavens cheaper ande beginner kits a novis should attemp one of these along with their Troyburg before building one of their difficult kits.

boats
Attached Thumbnails
Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250-pict0020.jpg   Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250-pict0021.jpg   Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250-pict0022.jpg  
Old 01-15-2012, 04:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
Hello Boats,

this is a very old but nice freighter of the 50ies; I started in 2007 a modified version. But I gave it up - it was lost energy and time... fracments are seen below ...

With lovely greetings
the Wilfried
Attached Thumbnails
Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250-schornsteinaufgesteckt.jpg   Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250-ladepfosten2.jpg   Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250-bootsdeck2.jpg   Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250-ladepfosten4.jpg  
Old 01-15-2012, 11:38 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfried View Post
Hello Boats,

this is a very old but nice freighter of the 50ies; I started in 2007 a modified version. But I gave it up - it was lost energy and time... fracments are seen below ...

With lovely greetings
the Wilfried
Ahoy wilfried

A Hardy Well done on your Solingen. Looks like you got a better kit then what I got this kit needs polishing although it is wilhelmshavens low end kit for the novis i love freighters. yours looks like a million bucks. I been turning to on mine to get up to polish. thanks you for your pix they look wonderfull.

boats
Old 01-15-2012, 11:46 PM

touching up and fitting out

Ahoy
No rest for boats I wouldn,t have it in other way so far on the merchantman solingen I been doing some tuning first i spent 3 hours cleaning this thing off the first division hasn,t been turning two so i will revoke their liberty card until this gets squared away. She is cleaned now On the yards i made up a bunch of pullys from punched out cardstock. along withe pullys i made up the saddles and installed them to the kigpost and the yards tomorrow i will do the same aft. after they have been installed i went back and done some coloring. The kit is built straight from the booklet the only modification that i will be doing on this kit is the detail work not called for on the instructions and the kit as well. Here are a couple update pictures for the night.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250-pict0023.jpg   Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250-pict0024.jpg   Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250-pict0025.jpg   Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250-pict0026.jpg  
Old 01-16-2012, 01:00 PM

Angry Build terminated

Ahoy
Old boats pulled the Bozo of the year award last night before I hit the rack I set my Solingen under my book shelve so I can do some work bench clean up. I got up arounf 0:500 this morning and put on a pot of joe. I heard this loud crash down below in the boson locker. my book shelve gav away and it smashed my solingen beyond repair. I have never been so Mad apt myself in my life STEAM AND SIZZLE. I am truely sorry fellas for wasteing your views on this I will start another build shortly here below is the wreck of the solingen.

boats
Attached Thumbnails
Freighter solingen wilhelmshaven 1/250-pict0027.jpg  
Old 01-16-2012, 01:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Sorry buddy, I know with your quick building you can keep at it, but sorry that some work lost, I had lost some of my old Fiddlersgreen models due to shelf problem, so can relate..