PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 03-02-2012, 12:01 AM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Soso

Most likely lost interest.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.61 MB
nothing happened to him maybe a lil loss of interest i didnt realize how much work it would be
Old 03-03-2012, 06:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 58.50 MB
No sweat. A common enough error. Lots and lots of people look at the pieces laid out there on paper and think "that's easy". Sometimes they try only to find out that it's a real and particular skill that's always going to be beyond them. Others spend years persisting in saying how they can do it but produce nothing. C'est la vie.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
I think it was a great idea that he brought up, and a very provident question that has lead to a great deal of wonderful responses and some fabulous design work by Gil. I look forward to seeing whether this leads to Gil making this boat available in the future.

I have contemplated doing a paper model design of a merchant ship for quite some time, but find I just don't have the expertise or time to do what many out there are able to achieve. I haven't given up, just need the opportunity and time to jump in and start. I gather a large portion of the skill set are something that is acquired by doing, although there is obviously an artistic aspect which is God given and can't be learned. However, for what I want to make Wilfried has shown me the way, as did Barry and many others who shared their methods here, I just need to collect the necessary information/graphics and go at it. I suppose I am one of those referred to by looker, until I actually sit down and do something, but I have no misconception that my first efforts will be probably failures, as is the case with most things in life, live and learn; but that is, to me, the challenge, and the fun. It is, afterall, a hobby to me.

Cheers!
Jim
Old 03-03-2012, 09:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 58.50 MB
Of course there are also those who try and do succeed.
Google Adsense
Old 03-03-2012, 10:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
So far this has been a great journey. Started with a simple desing request and two designers took the challenge - though I don't know what happened to Avery's attempt. Fine design by Gil and this would be very attempting model to have when finished. I like simple workboats and see very much beauty in their practical lines and fittings. My thanks to everybody who have joined this trip but especially to Gil for his extra fine work so far.

BR Tappi
Old 03-03-2012, 11:12 AM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Notes

I've been busy with increased business demands. This is a good thing. The downside is that time spent on modeling has suffered. Those who've supported the effort will benefit in the end though it may take a while.

Breaks can be beneficial to a "design in progress" in ways that aren't that visible when traversing through the step-by-step process of design. To clarify I'll give an example. I was thinking about a detailed hull construction method before the break. Now I am not. The reason stems from the fact that it was "too detailed" which simply translates to "too difficult for most modelers to build". I've come up with a method that is still detail oriented but much easier to build. In fact it borrows things from "Spray" and "Pinnace" [below] that some of the regulars may remember [those projects are on hold though I still pull them up and work on them occasionally].

+Gil

Old 03-03-2012, 05:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hey Gil great boat But your making us X Maine guys home sick!!!!
Squid
Old 03-08-2012, 01:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Render or Real?

Gill is that a real build or a rendering? It appears to be set on a cardboard stand, after all...
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 03-08-2012, 02:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
Started with a simple desing request and two designers took the challenge - though I don't know what happened to Avery's attempt.
I was temporarily distracted, which is what happens to me, but I'll get back to it soon enough.

[email protected]
Google Adsense