PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-13-2009, 02:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Aha!

Thank you for this information about S&S. So I understand these names - S&S and HMV are interchangeble - when one says that Schreuer & Struver DOES the best card models it means HMV, right (as there are no other model manufacturer owned by S&S)?

Yevgeniy
P.S. I am in no way related to any of those companies - just heard on Russian speaking forums this positive feedback on quality of models made by S&S and decided to ask. Their models indeed look impressive!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Only HMV. They are top-class models, even the older ones.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
I still don't understand why some kits are S&S and others are HMV...

The kit for Brandenburg is full hull as is the one for the 1904 cruiser Undine.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Karl, they are all from the same people. The oldest ones are "S&S", then they adopted the HMV name, probably as a better brand identification. The online hobby shop Moduni grew out of their shop in Hamburg. I actually have an early kit that is "S, S and H" (The H was for Hartwig; I think it is Saschen but I can't check right now); but they soon went to just "S & S" (Ben Scheuer & Liane Struever).
Old 01-16-2009, 05:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Brandenburg and Undine are great kits - but I got so much interest about S&S after seeing their S.M.S. Beowulf, S.M.S. Sachsen and S.M.S Maine - actually these are what I want to build from S&S stock. But they are all waterline :-((

The only choice I have is to learn Rhino and scratchbuild them like you, Carl which for me is like a fly to the Moon! Great that at least I have Dupuy from Modelik where I can enjoy late 19th centure warship/cruiser in full hull. But I do not leave an idea of learning Rhino (or other similar soft) but then I will start (end probably end) from Hoche.

Yevgeniy
P.S. I also want to try so praised S&S quality (I heard many positive opinions in other places also) so I will try probably SMS Sachsen/SMS Beowulf- will try to live with its 'waterline format'
Google Adsense