PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-19-2012, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Uss hornet cv-8 1942

Ahoy
Ran out of paint on my Lurline and other materials I went to the VA for a check up so far my old hulk is still in top condition good news for me happy happy. tomorrow I will got to the store and buy some more material so i can get the Lurline finished up. I have her sister ship the Matsonia a RC job I forgot I had this one its not finished but i will post it this evening on my Lurline thread.

USS HORNET

My wonderfull first mate Ruthie about 10 years ago bought me this kit of the Hornet for my Birthday the funny thing was the night before i was watching Thirty Seonds Over Tokyo she saw me watching the movie as I was cheering when the B-25s were being launched into the 46 mile an hour gail. On my Birthday thye next day I had to go to the hobby shop for some glue and paint and some No.11 blades. My ruthie said can I come along she ventured into the model section she knew what I wanted. I was hunting down the paint she went to the cashier and purchased the kit I didn,t even know it until I went to the car. she was quicker then a cat I had no Idea. got into the car Happy Birthday popeye she said and handed me the kit. I cried for a moment old dudes do cry when they are happy. This an expensive kit. the kit is from Trumpeter first time i have ever heard of this company you all guesed it its from China like everything else is in America and all over the world. although this not paper I wished it was but I thought I would post this to keep you peepers busy until I get to the Lurline. I will have more pictures tomorrow on the Lurline. Hears the Shangrila of the Tokyo raid.

boats
Attached Thumbnails
Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0001.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0002.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0003.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0004.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0005.jpg  

Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0006.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0007.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0008.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0009.jpg   Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0010.jpg  

Uss hornet cv-8 1942-pict0011.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
This is beautiful Skipper, and boy oh boy.... what a gift to get from your Number 1 Ruthie - I'd have cried to Grandad, she thinks the world of you, and loves the bones of you - This is a wonderful thing to have, the love of a good woman !
Old 02-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
hoy skipper.
Even my girlfriend is comming from China. Also not expennsive. LOL
All of your models are very beautiful. And have a intresting background story.
I like that.
Keep 'm straight Captain.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.38 MB
You did the The Hornet proud.

Here is to many more healthy check-ups for you and your 1st Mate!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
WOW....Unbelieveable paper model! Where did you find a CV-8 in paper? Did you alter the CV-6 by benfold?
Google Adsense
Old 02-20-2012, 01:28 PM

I agree with all the comments above. It is a very beautiful model. Deckape has enormous talent at model building.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Thumbs up A Hardy Thank you

Ahoy
Thanks fellas for your wonderfull reples on my Hornet, The mose enjoyable part of the ship her self is thye launching of the B-25s and old Jimmy Doolittke heading for the clouds. I was still in the Navy in 1983 home for a 30 day leave when I heard on the channel 7 news that Jimmy Doolittle and his raiders are having a reunion at The Wright Patterson Airforce Base Museume. And the best of all Jimmy himself is flying his B-25 given to him by the North Americanh Aviation company at Inglewood California as honers to him and his raiders. The airplane is still there at the Museume in the WW11 deppartment. All of us had chat with General Doolittle and we talked about the raid. A very nice man he was and very sharp and elert at his age of 90 years back then. I remembered he mentioned about the raid at first it was a failure do to the lost of men and aircraft. But later as was sent to Washington DC. to recieve his medfals from FDR. that the raid was sucsesfull and a moral booster for America. it set new standards to japan He mentioned that japan pulled back alot of their forces to protect thier homeland from future attacks and that we will return with entrest to finishe the job. Thanks fellas for your replies old Boats loves to show his lifes work here I get more enjoyment displaying and building my models here then building models. Thanks Fellas.

boats
Old 02-20-2012, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
Hello Boats,

thank you for pleasuring the community with the HORNET; your build remembers me at the Doolittle raid ...

With lovely greetings
the Wilfried
Old 02-23-2012, 05:09 AM

Yet another fantastic creation, Boats. When do you ever sleep, man? You bang out models like shelling peas.

My galleries