PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-24-2012, 04:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Russian Battleship Borodino

Ahoy
While the Lurline is in drydock I just finished up this one. This is the Battleship Borodinio that perticipated in the russo and Japan war. she was sunk at the batle of Tsushima a decissive battle won by Japan as they hoist up the Z flag Bonzia. this is half scratched and half a kit I dont know who made this I found this on at a garage sale Hull only. I couldn,t resist I bought it for 10 cents that was 16 yrars ago for the life of me at the time I didn,t know anything about this pre dreadnaght uinder what flag she wore. 12 years ago i went to IPMS model show and took some of my models for judgeing I asked a fellow friend and modler what vessel is thios He told me its the Borodino. A russian Battleship that was defeated at he battle of Tsushima in 1905. I done some research on the ship and sent away from Abe Taubman plan service a set of plans so i can build it on top of the hull The plans were Edward wiswesser scale 1/384 scale. The scale on this I believe its 1/350 or 1/400 a tiny thing she is I have a couple more finish uppers and I will resume on the Lurline. Here is the borodino.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0001.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0002.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0003.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0004.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0005.jpg  

Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0006.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0007.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0008.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0009.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0010.jpg  

Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0011.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0012.jpg  
Old 02-24-2012, 05:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
This is an awesome model of a great ship. You've done a great job with this. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Jeff
Old 02-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Excellence comes with every model our Skipper builds and presents here on PM DOT COM. Wonderful build of a great ship
Old 02-24-2012, 07:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Thanks Fellas I am honored

Ahoy
Here is another I will add to the Borodino. This is a 1958 Jo0hn Piper kit all metal of of the flower class corvett Snowberry I think the old Matchbox company copied this model to produce their version This is a truely a very expensive kit to cement it together there some screws and you have to use epoxie. I inherit this kit from my late FGather he bought it from the old Hubley company. It is a English made model and they were custom ordered. I think My Dad paid $200.00 for it back then. It was a lot of money when you concider gas was 18 cents a gallon you can buy 8 loafs of bread for a quarter an candy bar for a nickle 15lbs of hamburger for a $1.00 Rent was $15.00 a month you can buy a new car off the showroom floor less then $1500.00 you younger fellas out theere missed it those were the days and I remember every one of them. $200.00 was a lot of dough I was in the Navy when my dad got this I heard through the grapevine of my siblings that they almost got a divorce over this kit. My dad was like Ralph Kramden of the hoiney mooners he yelled alot and scare the hell out of my mother and she quite down. any way just ramblin here is my Snowberry. thank you fellas.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0001.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0002.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0003.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0004.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0005.jpg  

Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0006.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0007.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0008.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0009.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0010.jpg  

Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0011.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0012.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0013.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0014.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0015.jpg  

Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0016.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0017.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0018.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0019.jpg   Russian Battleship Borodino-pict0020.jpg