PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Looks like fun GB, is it relaxing to not have to design everything?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

BTW, I used Shrike's handy forming tool extensively on this kit. Very nice. Now I want one more like a probe in shape, coming to a sharpish point. I have probes but they all have rounded tapers - I want one with a straight taper. Also, the model is almost entirely built with Alene's Silver. See, I can change my habits!

Carl

Thanks for the plug! There is a new tool in the works with a longer taper and a wickedly sharp, nail your foot to the floor, seller-takes-no-responsibility point. PM me if you have any more ideas.

Mark
Old 10-19-2008, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Sign me up Mark! I want the one that starts as a flat cylinder about 2mm in diameter. I want the small diameter and small straight point for rolling little things like guns. The existing tool is very handy. I like having something that I can lean into when I am forming and not worry about bending or breaking.

Glen, yes it is kind of a relief. Although at 1:250 this little destroyer is something of a challenge. I chose it over one of the newer, nice S&S kits because it should not take too much dedication to see it through. In the meantime I am pondering doing an entire redraw/recoloring of Sachsen to make it look nice. Yes, I keep finding time consuming ways to avoid actually building one of my projects. So many interesting things to work on. The new project is moving along but not ready to show yet.

Carl
Old 10-19-2008, 01:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
I'm sure it will look great. I like to just build for a while before diving into a design, just seems more concentration required to design, and just enjoy a model that all the parts have been worked over by someone else.